Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    does anybody know if it's possible to access usb mode (or the internal folders whatever)on the palm pre screen without a cable or pc involved? I pit some videos on my pre earlier in the general first folder on my moms pc earlier but they aren't showing up and I musta put them in the wrong plave ik they are there but now I jave no way to access them...if only my damn ps3 would connect to the pre....itd the only thing I have @ home...no pc....can anyone help?
    Download Internalz via Preware*. It allows you to browse through the folders.
    Last edited by zealster; 06/28/2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Thanks next poster :P
    Look up the app Internalz in Preware and the filemgr service.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I think they should stil be showing up. What kind of videos were they?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    they were avi...damn I just did a search and realized the pre doesent play avi....shoulda known
    Quote Originally Posted by carnivalrejectq View Post
    they were avi...damn I just did a search and realized the pre doesent play avi....shoulda known
    almost nothing plays avi
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I'm in the process of moving ans was originally just trying to take the pre home and transferin the files to a usb card to watch on the ps3 but I forgot the pc is not here any more....damn...my ps3 lovies avi lol...i wish my ps3 loved my pre tho
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    The reason .AVI is often not supported is because it has degenerated into a cacophony of codecs. There are now so many audio and video codecs in use with AVI that supporting the file type reliably is virtually impossible, and certainly so on a mobile device. So much undocumented "work" has been done that there is no reliable way to determine what codecs are required to play any given file without trial and error testing.

Even with several hundred codecs loaded on my main PC, I have to use VLC to play some files, while only Media Player "classic" plays others.

I'm just happy the Pre isn't limited to Quicktime!