Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I've had a Seidio 1350 extended battery in my Pre for about a month now and everything seemed fine with the phone until this morning. I charged the phone on the TS overnight as usual. Put the fully charged phone in my pocket this morning before heading out, as usual. Didn't make or receive ANY phone calls, didn't open ANY apps, didn't get ANY e-mail or text notifications....basically didn't do ANYTHING with the phone, but when I eventually took the phone out of my pocket and unlocked the screen (about 6 hours later) I noticed that the battery level was down to 34% already !!!
    so, wth could possibly have used up so much juice? I don't have Preware or any homebrew patches installed. Bluetooth was turned OFF all morning, as was WiFi. No apps were left open while it was in my pocket.
    So, do I have a defective battery, or a defective phone?
    Were you an area with poor cell service? If so your phone is always searching for a cell tower and runs the battery down in the process.
    location services? Signal strength in your area? You said you didn't receive and email but what are your settings for receiving email and other notifications?
    phone and battery are probably fine. Something probably ran in the background, or your signal was week and it kept fluttering between roaming and home networks.

Keep an eye on it and see if it does it again.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Were you an area with poor cell service? If so your phone is always searching for a cell tower and runs the battery down in the process.
    No, I was at the same locations I am every day of the week, but have never experienced such a dramatic amount of battery drain before. That's what puzzles me. There was absolutely nothing unusual about this morning, other than the fact that I used my phone less than I normally would in a six hour period. So, in that respect, the battery drain should have been less than usual.
    I did notice when I got home that I had been sent an e-mail this morning that I never got notification for, so maybe there was something going on with the cell network this morning that caused the phone to keep searching for a signal??

@smknutson : I have my e-mail set to check my gmail account every 30 minutes. I have no other email accounts.
    Maybe the tower you were on had an issue and it switched to another tower and drained the battery... I have had the same thing happen to me once or twice over the last 4 months every great once in a while something will drain the batter fast maybe an app or something of the like froze some hoe or the phone did not go in to true stand by for some reason i would just reboot it charge it up and see what goes on the next day if it does not do it again for a while then you should be ok... there is a small chance that the battery is failing but most likely not
    Reboot your phone and give it a few days before worrying about it. Might wanna try a battery pull too for good measure.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Same thing happened to me. It's the battery. Return it, get a new one. Everything will be fine.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Yeah, I pulled the battery and rebooted so I'll monitor the situation for the next while and see what happens. But I'm puzzled about the lack of e-mail notifications. I didn't get any notification for the e-mail that was sent to me this morning. So, after getting home and discovering I had e-mail waiting, I went into the phone's email retrieval preferences and changed it from every "30 minutes" to "as items arrive" and then sent myself a test e-mail. I STILL got no notification!
    So, would this be a problem with the Bell Canada network, with Google's Gmail "Push" technology, or with my phone? Any ideas?
    BTW, I also sent myself a text message and I DID get a notification for that.