1.    #1  
    I just bought an official Car charger along with a TS. Is it ok if I leave everything plugged into my car cig lighter?
    sure
    Depends on the car some cars (most older cars) still give power to the cig lighter when the car is turned off, I suppose if you want to possibly wake up to a dead battery then sure its okay
  4.    #4  
    I drive a '06 Gen2 Prius. meh, ill leave it unplugged just in case.
    I have a Lincoln LS and i have my TS set up on next to the shifter... i tucked all the wires under were you can not see em and its plugged in all the time but will shut off when the key is off for 10 min.
    it draws virtually no power unless the phone is on it. Same as if you left an AC adapter plugged in at home, with no device attached.
    And no it's not a stupid question, I was wondering the same thing!
    Friend of mine had a iphone car charger plugged in his Chevy Suburban and unfortunately for him his cigarette lighter always has power, one night the iphone car charger shorted out and his truck burned to the ground. Moral of the story, if lighter port does not turn off, remove your charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Friend of mine had a iphone car charger plugged in his Chevy Suburban and unfortunately for him his cigarette lighter always has power, one night the iphone car charger shorted out and his truck burned to the ground. Moral of the story, if lighter port does not turn off, remove your charger.
    I think the better moral for that story would be "carry good car insurance and pay the premiums on time"...
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    and I thought a dead battery was a bummer, damn that'd be awful
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think the better moral for that story would be "carry good car insurance and pay the premiums on time"...
    If you pay for some good car insurance and pay my premiums on time, then I'll sure to carry it... lol. Insurance rates are crazy these days.
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    moral of the story should be "dont buy an iphone" lol....
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Depends on the car some cars (most older cars) still give power to the cig lighter when the car is turned off, I suppose if you want to possibly wake up to a dead battery then sure its okay
    The touchstone is very energy efficient. I read somewhere that it only draws a watt when idle. I have mine plugged in in my car full time (and it is powered) and have had no problems.
    wire it to the "accessory" fuse on your car. I use an Access-a-fuse to make install seamless and simple.