Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ok so I'm finding that the full fb site is absolutley useless seeing as you can't really click anywhere useless and it doesent seem to have regularly current feeds (even with the long link I found in another thread)....the app sucks just flat out....the mobile site is nice and is the ONLY fb option on the phone that gives me correct and current feeds but visually and feature wise it's pretty limited....that being side I really enjoy the touch site that's already in the browser with the phone...only problem is once again my feeds are out of whack I literally just have a big jumble of posts some from 20 days ago 2 days ago 4 hrs ago etc etc...does anybody know how to correct this and make it accurate like the mobile site or am asking too much? (lol)
    The full Facebook site works fine for me.

The Facebook app is correctly displaying all current feeds correctly
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ok now it is but before my app was acting the same way the touch site is, I'm looking for the all around best and most enjoyable yet reliable fb expirience...it seems to get tough as fb does whatever it wants on my phone I guess
    @ Jakeeeee

The full facebook site works for you? As in the normal site, not 'touch.', 'm.', 'x.facebook.com' sites?

If that's the case, what's the URL you use to get to the normal FB in your browser? I always get redirected to either of the three latter 'mini' URLS.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojito View Post
    @ Jakeeeee

The full facebook site works for you? As in the normal site, not 'touch.', 'm.', 'x.facebook.com' sites?

If that's the case, what's the URL you use to get to the normal FB in your browser? I always get redirected to either of the three latter 'mini' URLS.

Thanks.
    www.facebook.com/home.php
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I usually just use the facebook mobile site. it's best and robust facebook experience on my pixi. specially since the pages are so small, they load like that -snaps fingers-
    Both the FB mobile site and the FB Palm app are not particularly satisfactory yet. The latest stable pre app is buggy (notifications about photo comments generate an error when clicked). Neither has a convenient way of getting to my videos (there is no link).
    Thanks Jakeeeeee. It worked.

After experimenting around, I noticed that '...cebook.com//login.php' (note the double slashes) guarantees I load to the regular FB page whereas '...ok/home.php' may occasionally redirect me to a lite version instead...., interesting, eh?

Yeah, the FB app's been quite buggy and also the lite website versions are lacking, that's why I prefer the familiarity of regular FB website. I like zooming/editing pictures and the albums load faster on the regular website.

With using the regular FB webisite, I just have to be careful and not touch the FB logo or 'HOME' while browsing or it will redirect me to a lite version.

Didn't the lite versions on the bottom have a link back to the regular version awhile back ago?

I don't remember where to look for the link now if it still has it.
    Facebook Lite and FB Mobile aren't the same thing. As far as I know facebook lite (lite.facebook.com) doesn't exist anymore. It was an experimental version that they've ditched.
    The link to always get the regular Facebook site in live feed mode is (without the spaces, of course):

www . facebook . com/home.php?sk=lf

Change your bookmark to that addy and you'll always land on the live feed (unless the phone makes you sign in again, then it'll send you to the pointless other feed, so just tap on your bookmark again to get to the right page).
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Bag of Leaves, awesome tip, I've been looking for a way to do this for a while, thanks!
    No problem. It works on your desktop, too. (That's where I first had that link as my bookmark, ever since Facebook changed from the regular feed to having two different feeds [well, I had to slightly change the bookmark when the changed the second feed again].)
    until they work on getting hardware acceleration on the pre and pixi, i doubt the facebook app will be any better than it isnt now.
    full site works great for me,,almost all I ever use
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I don't understand why the myspace touch site is so superior to anything I can do with FB on the Pre. It even includes chat! It's like a mini app. Problem is I don't use myspace much any more. I wish they would build the FB page to work similar.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I have no issues with the Facebook app other than the errors when clicking on a photo notification. I think it works great.
    Quote Originally Posted by r-nice View Post
    I have no issues with the Facebook app other than the errors when clicking on a photo notification. I think it works great.
    Fixed in Facebook 1.2.5 Beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Fixed in Facebook 1.2.5 Beta.
    Allegedgly it is. I'm still having troubles every now and again.

Another bug has cropped up though. If someone comments on the photo and it does load, 9/10 you'll get a "facebook can not view this photo" message.

Or is that just me?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    mine just takes me to that photos album instead of going to the actual picture or comment...kind of annoying....i also have a long pause before loading when clicking on any notification leaving me to wonder weather it's going to even load or not...it usually does but again....kind of annoying....other than this and the no freinds button in the app I'm actually enjoying the app and taking bavk my previous sediments of it being useless lol