1.    #1  
    Ive looked this up and cant find what to so im posting this...

I enter my pw on the wifi screen and it never works and the password is correct. Does it not support wireless N with WPA2? Is there ANYTHING I could do to get wifi on my phone and/or ipod touch 2g? WITHOUT switching from WPA2
    Quote Originally Posted by Robtheknob7 View Post

I enter my pw on the wifi screen and it never works and the password is correct. Does it not support wireless N with WPA2? Is there ANYTHING I could do to get wifi on my phone and/or ipod touch 2g? WITHOUT switching from WPA2
    WPA2 works, but the radio is only b/g not n.
  3.    #3  
    So if I switch from N to G it would work???

But N is better than B/G so should I just keep N and use sprints internet and not use my neighbors since its bad signal?
    What error are you getting?

If I think you're getting what you're getting, put your Pre's mac address into your router. It worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  5.    #5  
    it just says unable to connect. Try again. with a yellow triangle with a ! mark in it
    So if I switch from N to G it would work???

But N is better than B/G so should I just keep N and use sprints internet and not use my neighbors since its bad signal?
    N does have better range but it is a newer technology, it wasn't fully approved by the IEEE until October of 2009. If you can run the router in some kind of hybrid g/n mode it should be fine. As long as the signal supports g devices it will work, the phone supports WPA2.
  7.    #7  
    thanks for the replys... its in a N only mode as of now.... And im on the palm pres device info page and I dont see the MAC address.. is it under a different name?
    Yeah that's what I was having.

Go to Device Info, go to the bottom for More Info. The MAC address is the one that says WiFi.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    thanks for the replys... its in a N only mode as of now.... And im on the palm pres device info page and I dont see the MAC address.. is it under a different name?
    You need to enable G mode as well... The Pre does not support 'N' wifi.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  10.    #10  
    I put in the MAC addresses in router and selected permit these to access to wireless network and I tried on both devices and it didnt work... The router saved settings and restarted so thats not the problem... Maybe its me using N only? there is no N/G or N/B option its just N or B or G
    I put in the MAC addresses in router and selected permit these to access to wireless network and I tried on both devices and it didnt work... The router saved settings and restarted so thats not the problem... Maybe its me using N only? there is no N/G or N/B option its just N or B or G
    Yes, the issue is you using 'N only'. The Pre does not support draft N. So, you'll need to either switch to G or just not use your Pre on your wifi...

(I thought most routers had a kind of 'backwards compatibility' mode...)
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.

I googled what wifi the ipod touch 2G has and it is also a b/g only device, which is also why that doesn't work.
  13.    #13  
    alright thanks guys! Ill switch to G to and if internet isnt slower and xbox is still good then Ill stay with G so I can use them. Thanks again
    Sorry, I wasn't specific. My router has all 3: b, g, and n bands.
    What router are you using? You should be able to use it in mixed mode N backwards compatible with G and/or B. I have my N routers set to that and my Pre and other G devices work fine.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I recall having a problem with my Zune connecting to my WPA2 network. I had setup my security key to the max number of characters (63 characters I think, been awhile). When I lowered it to about a third of that (around 20 characters), my Zune connected no problem. I never had an issue with my Pre but it's possible I may have changed my key prior to getting the Pre on launch day. Worth a try if your key is long.