1.    #1  
    I just called Sprint because they gave me a faulty refurb last week and they heavily, and I mean heavily, implied that they will give me a new Palm Pre instead of a refurb either in store or sent to me. Interesting.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    They are known to do this every so often when you have had it replaced multiple times, or is that not the case?
    Crazy. I was just searching for this. My Pre Screen died today. I took it to the local Sprint store. They gave me a refurb.

I noticed right away it had bad oreo. Then I tried to make a phone call & got the stuck in headset mode issue. None of the fixes are working.

I called Sprint Customer Care. She said if I go to the store there is a chance I would get a new Pre. But if I had one sent from her I would get another refurb.

Does anyone know my options if I am still under 1 year? Any recommendations?

Man I wish there was new hardware. I would just buy a new phone.
    I just got a refurb, but it seems to be fine. It's a lot less glitchy than the phone it replaced.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    Crazy. I was just searching for this. My Pre Screen died today. I took it to the local Sprint store. They gave me a refurb.

I noticed right away it had bad oreo. Then I tried to make a phone call & got the stuck in headset mode issue. None of the fixes are working.

I called Sprint Customer Care. She said if I go to the store there is a chance I would get a new Pre. But if I had one sent from her I would get another refurb.

Does anyone know my options if I am still under 1 year? Any recommendations?

Man I wish there was new hardware. I would just buy a new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    I just got a refurb, but it seems to be fine. It's a lot less glitchy than the phone it replaced.
    My 2nd (the one I had two weeks ago) Pre was a refurb and it was PERFECT except for a keyboard issue (the exact issue some people are still having, including me, but I didn't know it was the latest update that caused this). The one they just gave me came with a MAJOR oreo. I had no idea what a true oreo was until I saw this. I never had experienced it before and I've had the Pre since launch day. How I still have the 1 year warranty is beyond me, but maybe it's just because this phone is defective and they only gave it to me a week ago.

I don't care if the one I get is a new or refurb one as long as it doesn't have any issues. The only reason I care is because I hate driving to the store just for them to order it for me. So if they can just give it to me when I get there, it'd be great.

Referring to what the Customer Care Representative told you about her having to send you a refurb; that's odd. She said it would be the same either way for me.
    My problem was the left side lights on my keypad was not as bright as the right side. Took it back and got a brand new one. :-)
    Alot of people I've spoken with have actually had better experiences with the refurbished Pre's than with the new ones. I myself, have a refurbed launch day unit and have had zero problems.

(3 days 'til contracts end. Palm's obviously not gonna have a new device anytime in the near future. Goodbye piece of plastic, hello EVO 4G! Nice.)
    The Saint
  8.    #8  
    I thought I'd give everyone an update: I went and spoke to a Sprint Repair Center today and they told me only corporate can do that "new" exchange. I have no idea what that means, so I'll be calling Sprint again tonight.
    I recieved to refurbs from sprint, My original issue was that the sensor did not work anymore. My first refurb, the bluetooth seem to be defective, received static when pair to devices. I am now on my second refurb, but for some reason it seems a bit slow!
    Sprint will give you a new replacement if you have gone through 3 or more refurbished units also (i have had 5 replacements last one was new) they have a multiple replacements department i talked to them once but they will ONLY give you to that department if you have had 3 or more they also have the power to give you a entirely different phone.
    always call *2. Never go to get it repaired
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    always call *2. Never go to get it repaired
    I had one of my sliders repaired he had a water damaged pre in the store he took the slider off that one and all was good till i shattered the screen lol