Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I was wondering if there is an app or patch to do something like laptops do -- to provide a setting to not turn off or "sleep" while the unit is plugged into power?

Is it beneficial to shut off the screen to "save it"?
    yes there are 2 or more patches like this in preware. search there
    no auto-off when charging patch. Got rid of it because of screen state kernel, but it works like a charm. My wife got annoyed that my phone would sit there lit up...
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I got rid of my wife
    What is wrong with the "screen state kernel"?
    I'll go looking for the patch. Thanks!
    and if your looking for something a little more "mode switcher" can set profiles of when to have this function happen. Say have a day profile and a night profile that will not leave the screen on. (no patch needed with modeswitcher)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedisaster View Post
    no auto-off when charging patch. Got rid of it because of screen state kernel, but it works like a charm. My wife got annoyed that my phone would sit there lit up...
    Doesn't the screen state kernel work if you manually turn off the screen?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I haven't found "mode switcher", or a patch to do this, and last night I went through the entire Preware library. I've looked in Homebrew, and the app catalog.

I found and downloaded the DEVELOPMENT mode switcher, but that has nothing to do with power modes. (the one in Homebrew claims that it's FUN to type in the code... HUH? That adds "spirit" to the phone? Yeah, if by spirit you mean poltergeist!)

Can someone throw me a bone with a little more meat on it?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I searched the whole internet using Google, and I found "mode switcher" but it's DEVELOPMENT mode switcher, and has nothing to do with power options.

So I'm still looking for a way to suppress the screen shut-off when the unit it plugged into power.
    preware>patches>all type "no auto-off while charging" by Jason Robitaille

Preware> available applications>all type "mode switcher"
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    Doesn't the screen state kernel work if you manually turn off the screen?
    I got the no auto off patch so I could leave the screen on when streaming music in the car so I could glance at the song titles. I find that streaming at 800 mhz esp. While charging gets the thing too hot... I guess I couldve left it and just switched back to auto off keeping the option there.
    Last edited by joedisaster; 06/28/2010 at 10:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    The "no auto-off while charging" patch seems to have worked! Thanks!
    I went through all the patches, but it was late and I was bleary-eyed.