1.    #1  
    so the computer that I used to download my music from and then put them on the pre has gotten a virus and has no sd card slot. so I want to move all my music from my pre to my other computer that has a sd card slot so I can put it on my evo. I'm sorry. I hope palm fixes this mess and im sure I will be back another day but for now I must leave and it would be really awesome if I had all my music.

oh and I don't just want to remove my amazon mp3 songs I want all my songs off.
    Not sure what "mess" you are referring to when you say you hope Palm fixes it.

Anyhoo... to remove your music, just plug your Pre into the new computer and put it into USB mode. You can then simply drag/drop the music off of your Pre to the computer.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

Anyhoo... to remove your music, just plug your Pre into the new computer and put it into USB mode. You can then simply drag/drop the music off of your Pre to the computer.
    what he said... Just plug your phone into comp usb.... Really easy
  4.    #4  
    I did that and the music folder was empty? But I have like 187 songs in the music app?
  5.    #5  
    the mess I am talking about is hardware, and the slowness.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how to get it ON my Pre. I downloaded music to the music file but it doesn't show up.
    My hardware is incredibly fast. You really can't call any hardware 'slowness' you are experiencing a "mess". The device is over a year old, and technology moves fast. Even today's devices may be called slow in a year, but does that mean the company created a mess because of it?

Back to your question - did you drill down through different folders on your device to see where the Amazon app saved the files? (I've never purchased that way, so I'm not sure where Amazon saves the files). I would also be sure to set your computer to 'show hidden files' just in case the music is stored in a hidden folder.

Perhaps someone will chime in here who knows where Amazon places music files.
    it depends on how you transferred your music.

1. if you purchased amazon mp3 from pre, then there is a amazon mp3 folder you should look for

2. if purcahsed music on your computer previously and dragged them over to your Pre in USB mode, then look for which ever folder you previously created for them

3. if you used currently unsupported iTunes software to "sync", then I don't know what to do, as we all know, you are not supposed to be able to copy music from your music player to computer after you "sync" it over with iTunes. the software disintegrates your files and stores them in pieces in a hidden folder.

Let me know if you find a way to hack iTunes tho, hopefully apple won't sue you for it
    If you used itunes to download ur music, then it had to be version 9.0 or older. After those versions it was not compatible. You will not see itunes music in any folders. Only way other than that to get the music off is to doctor it.
    Why anyone would use iTunes I'll never understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by callderek View Post
    Hell, I'm still trying to figure out how to get it ON my Pre. I downloaded music to the music file but it doesn't show up.
    Hey i made a video how to do this