Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    With my Pre in USB mode, regardless of what I do to disconnect it from the PC, I get the error that says data was lost and recovered, admonishing me to disconnect properly.

I've tried single-click on the USB peripheral icon and selecting the single device, and right-click, opening up the dialog box. I still get the error.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    What OS are you running on the computer?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    XP Pro SP3
    do you go to my computer right click on the palm pre drive and click eject? That is the proper way I used to just unplig in my earlier pre days.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I've tried both left-clicking on the USB icon (in right-hand tray) and clicking on the device, and right-clicking on the icon to bring up the dialog box and stopping the device there.

Both ways result in the same error on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Running Vista, I had this problem all the time. I attributed it (rightly or wrongly) to the fact that Novacomd was still running and that I never bothered to eject it. I ignored the error routinely with no ill effects.

Running Windows 7, I still get a warning that Novacomd is running the first time I attempt to eject. If I close the window and attempt to eject a second time, I get an immediate all clear message.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Use Windows Explorer to eject the device. Just right click on the drive letter that the Pre is labelled as, and hit eject. This option never gives me the error messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    do you go to my computer right click on the palm pre drive and click eject? That is the proper way I used to just unplig in my earlier pre days.
    Quote Originally Posted by hugh_h View Post
    I've tried both left-clicking on the USB icon (in right-hand tray) and clicking on the device, and right-clicking on the icon to bring up the dialog box and stopping the device there.

Both ways result in the same error on the Pre.
    So have you tried mamouton's suggestion? That method works fine for me...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I tried mamouton's suggestion -- that's what I'd been doing all along. I think I'll try mikevillain's suggestion next. As long as I don't lose data, I couldn't care less about the message, but I like to use the phone as a data shuttle and I know if there is a potential for data loss, it will happen at the most inopportune time!