Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by trickd122 View Post
    I looks as if I'm in the right place. I have a pre with the esn added to the metro database. I can receive sms but it fais to send. How do I fix this.. thanks...

can someone here that is successfully working fully on metro post their carriernetworkingsetting.db3 file thanks
    how did you go about adding the esn to the metro network?? Im tired of having to re-write my esn/meid everytime I turn the phone off/radio resets....

and I've never had that problem of texts not sending, you sure you have your info in the phone right? hit ##data# in the dialer and then make sure you have the number as (your10digitnumer)@mymetropcs.com
    but i really dont know..
    Do you have this problem while making calls too?
    Thanks for the reply....
    Well I called this guy in Miami and he charged me $50 to get the esn/meid added. Well here's what I have ]mynumber atmodem.sprintpcs.com. Calls are all okay. I left that there as somewhere I have read that the phone will sho unprovisioned for data if thts not there... if u want i cn get u q link to the store for the esn/meid add
    I now have data working as in I can do email, ping websites etc. But still cant send sms or mms messages. I haven't been able to get the browser working but I think its proxy related and I haven't found a way to do so. this sms thing has me going crazy........
    SMS finally working, metro did a refresh on their side and walah!! I will install tiny proxy and see where it goes
    SMS finally working, metro did a refresh on their side and walah!! I will install tiny proxy and see where it goes
    Please keep me informed. This is interesting.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
  6.    #26  
    yeea Internet still not working.. I kinda jus said "**** it" and let it go.. Im still gonna have to use the phone i got with metro to get pic messages (that i cloned the ESN from) and im gonna try to get the original ESN from the pre on the metro network cause its an *** having to go to the esn and meid locations and change the **** every other day when the phone dies.... *shrugs*
    Question: how are you using qpst if the Palm Pre isn't Qualcomm based?
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    QPST and QXDIM will both work. I am using ver 2.7 QPST.
    QPST will ONLY see the pre after you have rooted and set the usbserial interface as "mpt 0d userial"

Does anyone here has internet or mms working
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I now have data working as in I can do email, ping websites etc. But still cant send sms or mms messages. I haven't been able to get the browser working but I think its proxy related and I haven't found a way to do so. this sms thing has me going crazy........
    Under the ##3282# Hit menu and the browser settings pop up set both NGG to 0.0.0.0 to bypass sprints proxy web browser servers.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    He is referring to the CDMA chipset of the Pre, of which Qualcomm is the dominant player.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    So, can anyone post the exact settings for QPST?! I have my Palm Pre's voice and txt working just fine. Got the Pre recognized by QPST in diag. All I need are the settings.

Thanks in advance...
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Can't you share your settings and how you went about adding them?! I got voice and txt working already. Phone is also recognized by QPST fine. Just need the settings.

Thanks in advance...
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyfatsacc View Post
    So i have this palm pre (from sprint) that I "flashed" to metro PCS running webOS 1.4.1.1 (if you wanna know how I did it, just ask.)
    Asking how you got 1.4.1.1 on metro? also can 1.4.5 be ported to pre on metro?
    Hi everyone.

I'm new to this but I have a Palm Pre from Sprint and MetroPCS service in Miami, I would really like to get the phone to work with my service. I'll be content with just the phone working for calls, the other things can be figured out later.

Does anybody have a walk through or How To guide on how to make this happen?

Thanks in advance
    To get Palm pre plus 1.4.1 on metro pcs first you need to add your esn to the metro pcs database, in order to do that you will have to get some one to do it because metro pcs dealers wont because they use houdini. just goto ebay or something like that and pay the guy 25 bucks to add you to the metro database once that is done, just get a bypassed 1.4.1 webos rom once you have that you can do a ota update through that and have 1.4.5 on metro pcs. I have mms working talking text but i cant get the internet working i mean my google mail and stuff will recieve mail but as far as browsing the web it attempts to connect but will not ??? ive read the tutorial for sprint pre plus but i got a verizon pre plus i updated ota to 1.4.5 and i get 1x but no evdo... and once i change the profile from 0 to 1 or 2, and write it, i goto my phone do ##data# and all my info is gone but when i go back to profile 0 everything is back in the data menu? so now im completely lost can anyone just give me some info on this im so close i can taste it im not a noob but theres no info on this **** and ive looked up and down google for this ive been working at it 10hrs a night can someone please just give me a helping hand.
    jca 998 if your saying you have a sprint handset and you want to put it on metro pcs, first youll have to do what i said before (just goto ebay or something like that and pay the guy 25 bucks to add you to the metro database) then you will have to either download a BYPASS WEBOS ROM, or you can make one yourself, heres the guide h ttp://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/221385-cross-platform-meta-doctor-guide-bypass-carrier-activation-etc.html or if its already activated you can just get your esn added to metro pcs database once thats done program your phone using qpst and put your min number in and all the settings and you will have talk and text.... good luck
    So what I'm trying to figure out now is how to find and install tiny proxy in preware or online! I searched and searched and still can't find it .... Any help getting this done would be much appreciated!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    Under the ##3282# Hit menu and the browser settings pop up set both NGG to 0.0.0.0 to bypass sprints proxy web browser servers.
    Did anybody get mms to work with these settings?
    I just got my Palm Pre flashed to metro and i can receive mms but i cant send any. I have 68.28.31.33 for primary ngg and the same for secondary.
    Any help will be appreciated, Thank You...
    Needed a second phone and the Pre was the correct size with a tactile keyboard...
    I got it from a business that flashes phones to MetroPCS.

I like the phone however it sucks battery like Lindsay Lohan needs to be in the news.

It's on WebOS 1.4.5.... I can receive SMS and MMS.
    I can send SMS.
    I can NOT send MMS. Just says it failed and when I utilize the retry feature it fails again.

According to the guy who set it up for me MetroPCS has a 200k file size limit for MMS attachments and with the Pre being a 3.1 mp I'm guessing the software does not automatically resize the attachment so it either fails due to the 200k restriction or the flash process still hasn't resolved this MMS issue with the Pre.

Some other info I found out about MetroPCS and a flashed PalmPre :
    *) Will never get the EvDo data connectivity
    *) 1X data usage is max with MetroPCS and the Pre
    *) Supposedly MetroPCS has no 3G infrastructure? Never paid attention to MetroPCS before.
    *) That or this operation I got the phone from doesn't know how to get EvDo conn.
    *) MetroPCS has their version of 4G but no phone yet can be flashed to take
    advantage of it (per flash guy)
    *) Internet connectivity via cellular connection is kludgy at best
    *) 1X is very slow and trying
    *) Palm Apps store is unavailable : guess it is tied into Sprint
    *) PreWare list of apps is limited and the few I tried would install but not work
    *) Does have BlueTooth capability but NO voice dialing. I have a Plantronics Voyager
    Pro headset. Can make/take calls on it but dialing has to be from the phone itself.
    Read a few other forums/threads that this is still a shortcoming of a Pre, Pre+, and
    Pre2. Even if your BT headset has an internal voice dialing app it will not work with
    the Pre supposedly. Something about the limitations of the programming API.
    *) WiFi works. Sucks battery even faster: Like Snooki wanting to be Lindsay Lohan.

I still like it... I needed a secondary cell to my work provided cell so I don't get in trouble with some of the "interesting" txts I get from time to time.

Got the flashed Palm Pre off of CL for 150 last week... of course the business is cash only... new phone though. Purchased last week of March 2011.

Anyone have any other updates? Can you run HomeBrew on a flashed Palm Pre? I'm a neophyte to flashing and all this "reprogramming".
    Last edited by batebmw; 04/03/2011 at 12:58 PM. Reason: added add'l info
    hi, i have a palm pre already flashed to metro pcs, but i only have talk and text.. can someone really directs me on how to get internet working, i have WebOS version 1.4.1.1, configuration 2.4. Model P100EWW, prl version 02004.
    primary ngg and secondary ngg are 68.28.31.33.. what is the QPST?
    i dont know wat settings do i put to get the internet working or mms? someone please help me ..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12