Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    m.bing.com

It's the sexiest and it actually has much better search algorithms than Google.

I found this link about it: Bing Changes Could Attract More Users, More SEO Focus | WebProNews

It's awesome that they are adding everything like that in Bing.

This reminds me, I would love to have a universal search with Bing and not Google.

k I'm done. Your thoughts?
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    WOW, I'm the solution to All my Google Problems?

Didn't know I had it in me!

BTW; there's a patch to add bing and yahoo to you're global search.
    Last edited by tomi666; 06/26/2010 at 12:37 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Crap. I just realized I did that. I can't edit my title can I? Ugh.
    Bing is fail and so is "you're" spelling
    An Iphone walks into a bar with a Palm Pre on it's shoulder. The bartender looks up and says, "Hey, that's pretty cool, where can I get one of those?" and the Palm Pre says "Hipstertown, they're all over the place"
    Quote Originally Posted by badhairguy View Post
    Bing is fail and so is "you're" spelling
    Sorry, "on it's shoulder" ?

Your avatar is a fail, and so is you're spelling.

(edit: your avatar is cool of course)
    If I could get the look and layout of Mobile Bing, with the search results of Google, I'd be a happy man. haha

Unfortunately, the results are more important than the look so I'll be sticking with Google.

Thanks for pointing out an alternative, some people may prefer the Bing engine.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    BTW; there's a patch to add bing and yahoo to you're global search.
    I was able to change my default search from Google to Bing without any patches. In web browser go to preferences and you can change your search engine from google to Bing.
    Great tip!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by dandar View Post
    I was able to change my default search from Google to Bing without any patches. In web browser go to preferences and you can change your search engine from google to Bing.
    that is only if you have a phone on vzw/att I believe. With the non-plus phones we are limited to google, that's why on your phones it came stock with that option and ypmobile out the gate and we had to download it in the catalog. I hope that on the side with 1.4.5 they added the option to change the search provider but I doubt it since it's main focus was PDK improvement.
    watch out for googles henchmen, next thing you know your calendar won't sync, gmail won't work, you get the idea
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    If I could get the look and layout of Mobile Bing, with the search results of Google, I'd be a happy man. haha

Unfortunately, the results are more important than the look so I'll be sticking with Google.

Thanks for pointing out an alternative, some people may prefer the Bing engine.
    You don't think the results are better? They seem like they are much more accurate for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    You don't think the results are better? They seem like they are much more accurate for me.
    I guess it depends on what you're searching for and how you search.

I've gotten to be quite good at finding what I want via Google, but with Bing and even Yahoo it takes me quite a bit longer to find what I need.

Just a personal preference, really. That's why there's more than one search engine to begin with. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this only works for Verizon Pres. Also, the default bing setup doesn't use the mobile version... Palm FAIL AGAIN...
    Who is your phone on....my Sprint Pre does have any other in Web Preferences besides google. Sorli

im patching up for bing as well. google has been messing around with its mobile services frequently, and never seen them giving any consideration to webOS users.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I guess it depends on what you're searching for and how you search.

I've gotten to be quite good at finding what I want via Google, but with Bing and even Yahoo it takes me quite a bit longer to find what I need.

Just a personal preference, really. That's why there's more than one search engine to begin with. haha
    You know what I really like about Bing? The search features for shopping, music, lyrics, movies, flights (and that flight predictor), news, wikipedia, the way the images work, videos, and that visual search is pretty friggin cool.

http://www.bing.com/entertainment is new and pretty cool.

I ultimately agree with you though about it being a preference.
    Okay but seriously, can anyone get the mobile google site to display correctly. I press the google button at the top, but as soon as I search for anything, it's back to the crappy version.

And has Google even bothered to open their mouths or are they just ignoring us.
  18.    #18  
    No. If they haven't fixed it yet, it's on purpose in my opinion. A big company like Google should be able to fix that in a matter of hours.
    I agree and the Bing mobile search is not making me happy. I am going to find some Google outlets to be an annoying ****** at now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    No. If they haven't fixed it yet, it's on purpose in my opinion. A big company like Google should be able to fix that in a matter of hours.
    They SHOULD be able to fix it..... but I don't think it's on purpose either. Especially since their bread and butter is search...... ohhhh and if they were gonna mess with folks you would think it would be apple, not every person who uses the mobile site.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast