Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    They SHOULD be able to fix it..... but I don't think it's on purpose either. Especially since their bread and butter is search...... ohhhh and if they were gonna mess with folks you would think it would be apple, not every person who uses the mobile site.
    I agree. I don't think the broke it. It was just an error, but they're not rushing to the rescue or anything, you know?

Someone make a patch for Bing universal search please!
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    I agree. I don't think the broke it. It was just an error, but they're not rushing to the rescue or anything, you know?

Someone make a patch for Bing universal search please!
    Dude that patch as well as the yahoo one have been made for a while and were mentioned at the top of Page 1 of the thread.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Dude that patch as well as the yahoo one have been made for a while and were mentioned at the top of Page 1 of the thread.
    Quote where it was said please while I look now in Preware.

Edit: I looked in Preware and I have seen the patch to which you are referring to, but that is NOT what I want. I love hitting enter and it going straight to Google's search. With this patch, it will not remove Google or at least change its position to not be default, which is what I want (and I want Bing to be default). Also, I don't want Yahoo there.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    Hmm... I think there is some confusion. I would like updates to my Sprint Pre Web Browser universal search from inside that presently only offers:

1. Google
    2. Wikipedia

I've tried the patches everyone references and it only adds and extends webOS Universal Search options.

Nothing I've tried adds or allows switching from Google natively. Shame Verizon customers have this and we don't.

Thanks and your help is appreciated. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    Quote where it was said please while I look now in Preware.

Edit: I looked in Preware and I have seen the patch to which you are referring to, but that is NOT what I want. I love hitting enter and it going straight to Google's search. With this patch, it will not remove Google or at least change its position to not be default, which is what I want (and I want Bing to be default). Also, I don't want Yahoo there.
    LOL my bad, reading owns me some days. Hit up the cat that made the patch. He has a few other universal search patches he has done. Could probably figure it out. Shouldn't be too hard to switch, at that point I am thinking maybe a couple lines of code to change the google to bing and change the image.
    bookmarked!!!!!...Bing is sexier than google
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Can't...stop...using....Google products. Can't...
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Tried like 3 bing searches just now; there's a reason why people use google and not bing. Bing sucks the big one.

Please, google, revert to the way you were like 2 weeks ago, i.e. perfection on WebOS
    Quote Originally Posted by staeit View Post
    Tried like 3 bing searches just now; there's a reason why people use google and not bing. Bing sucks the big one.
    I am with you on this.... I am keeping the bing search patch for now, but don't want to see it being the one I have to keep using.
    bing does suck, google is just too big for their britches. Lets make our own, can't be that hard
    Quote Originally Posted by dandar View Post
    I was able to change my default search from Google to Bing without any patches. In web browser go to preferences and you can change your search engine from google to Bing.
    I am only allowed GOOGLE as an option on my Sprint Pre.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Looks like Google is working normally for WebOS again!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12