Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi there,

I am searching for an app that resets the palm pre on a daily basis. Can someone give me a name to download it from the apps catalog?

Thanks
    Andy
    bev, everytime i see your name , i think of that printer commercial, and lol

Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    bev, everytime i see your name , i think of that printer commercial, and lol

I didn't know they were recording me.
  5.    #5  
    Is this not available in the app catalog? If not, do I simply just click the link, and download it from my pre? How does it get installed?

Thanks,
    Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by akular1 View Post
    Is this not available in the app catalog? If not, do I simply just click the link, and download it from my pre? How does it get installed?

Thanks,
    Andy
    you have to install wosqi on your computer, then install preware.. this is a homebrew app
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    andy it's real easy to do. I conider myself an average joe and I did it. Just do a search for those threads, they give real detailed instruction.

AND ... Having them will open a whole new world to your pre!
    I use Reboot Scheduler from the Homebrew Apps Catalog.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...boot-scheduler
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Preset reset is the best IMO, It is very easy to use.

For Information on how to install Homebrew apps and Preware here is the link:
    Precentral Getting Started Guide
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Anyone else havin problems with Preset Reset? I like how you can set apps to launch after a reset so I was using this as an alarm clock that starts Pandora. It just stopped working like a week ago. Uninstalled/reinstalled and still not working.
    Battery Saver hasn't been popping out of airplane mode either. May be they're butting heads for some reason??
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Anyone else havin problems with Preset Reset? I like how you can set apps to launch after a reset so I was using this as an alarm clock that starts Pandora. It just stopped working like a week ago. Uninstalled/reinstalled and still not working.
    Battery Saver hasn't been popping out of airplane mode either. May be they're butting heads for some reason??
    I had some issues when I reinstalled it, and it was simply that I forgot to turn it back on. Other than that the program works great.
    I have this app, don't use it much..... I had it set to reboot at like 4 am.... then my damn screen would stay on until I did something with the phone to shut it off (on wall charger).
    with preset reset you have the option to turn the screen off after a reset to avoid this problem.
    I love preset reset,,,have had it set for 6 in the morning for quite some time now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    with preset reset you have the option to turn the screen off after a reset to avoid this problem.

Yes I know and that is set... doesn't work with slider open on the charger. Trust me I double checked my setting, it may actually be working now, but I only have it set to 1 day a week, when I was running it every other day I noticed it multiple times before I stopped messin with it. I an Orng-Sym-R easily enough.
    Preset Reset stopped rebooting my phone as scheduled about a week ago as well. I'm trying to think what could have caused this. Was there an UberKernel update about a week ago too? I have my phone on a Touchstone by my bed and was accustomed to getting a cleanly booted phone each morning, but now I have to do it manually.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Mine will restart in an hour. I don't have any of the newer custom kernals installed (still going off the early days). I'll post up in here if it works or not. (WebOS 1.4.1.1)

[edit] Working for me.
    Last edited by Honis; 07/31/2010 at 05:00 AM.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    I uninstalled and reinstalled Preset Rest and now it's working properly again. Not sure what happened, but I'm glad it's back on track.
    ...i want scheduled luna restarts.....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    What are the benefits of your phone rebooting daily or on a schedule? I'm really interested in getting either Reboot Scheduler or Preset Reset. Thanks in advance.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast