1.    #1  
    I have the latest preware install,follow instructions on how to install testing feed..keep getting a page saying there was an error. Is there an easier way to have this done?
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I have the latest preware install,follow instructions on how to install testing feed..keep getting a page saying there was an error. Is there an easier way to have this done?
    all i can say is delete the testing feed -- start over -- i was having problems with this especially the kernel feed -- i swiped it away -started over and was finally able to get it installed -- good luck
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    same thing here... i have tried numerous times to no avail..
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Also ceck spelling and make sure you use backslashs. On top o all that you only go to the diectory containing the files example host/maindir/subdir1/subdir2/ and not host/maindir/sub1/sub2/packages.gz As not knowing the unwritten policy of giving the feed out. I try to explain how without telling the feed or how to install the feed.
    the kernals are in the Maindir of Feeds not feed
    the 1st sub dir is webos-kernels not weboskernels(u can't put whites in the url so those are the only two options)
    sub #2 is testing(simple enough)
    sub #3 is what ever current version number we're on now
    p.s. I this helped someone half way there I am a thank *****
    Last edited by tejoe; 06/26/2010 at 08:08 AM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    same thing here... i have tried numerous times to no avail..
    if you had the uberkernel installed i think when preware updated it might have added the kernel feed -- make sure you delete it as well then add the custom feed (it will be a feed named kernels)

ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1

I KNOW I AM BREAKING THE CARDINAL RULE OF MAKING YOU LOOK around -- please be aware (as i am sure you are) that this feed is for alpha testing and by using it you very likely might totally hose your phone but you -like me -- couldn't care less you just want to be cutting edge -- please let me know if this works

edit : also Rod says that if you name this feed webos-kernels-testing that it will auotmatically be updated to the next OS version when the update happens (in preware)
    Last edited by mespiff; 06/26/2010 at 08:11 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    i have typed that 100 times, still no luck... thanks for sharing... i am happy with the uberkernel, and i dont really need the alpha kernels.
    i have typed that 100 times, still no luck... thanks for sharing... i am happy with the uberkernel, and i dont really need the alpha kernels.
    What's the exact error message you get? Would it be possible for you to get a screenshot of the error? Maybe even your steps? I had a problem initially and then realized kernels is spelled with an e not a, kernals. DUH!
    here is how i finally got it installed

type this in preware, remember just one http:// is required

ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1/

i wasnt putting the slash at the end

thanks for all the help
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    if you had the uberkernel installed i think when preware updated it might have added the kernel feed -- make sure you delete it as well then add the custom feed (it will be a feed named kernels)

ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-kernels/testing/1.4.1.1

I KNOW I AM BREAKING THE CARDINAL RULE OF MAKING YOU LOOK around -- please be aware (as i am sure you are) that this feed is for alpha testing and by using it you very likely might totally hose your phone but you -like me -- couldn't care less you just want to be cutting edge -- please let me know if this works

edit : also Rod says that if you name this feed webos-kernels-testing that it will auotmatically be updated to the next OS version when the update happens (in preware)
    Finally,a person with clear instruction on how to install the kernels testing feed. All these kernels appear that I wasn't aware of. Sbromwhich kernel that's new to me,what does that do?

(Note) Anyone having problems installing the testing kernel on preware just follow Mespiff instructions. Ps. Make sure to name the feed webos-kernels-testing.
  10.    #10  
    Ok,looking in the feeds I'm not seeing the thunderbird f105, is the warthogKernel the same as f105. I'm just asking! Wanna make sure..that's all.
    its in mine. i show 9 kernels available
  12.    #12  
    its in mine. i show 9 kernels available
    Yea i see nine also..but where exactly it say thundercheif f105? Because i'm not seeing it.
    Last edited by rush; 06/26/2010 at 09:44 AM.
    it says thundercheif 105 not thunderbird
  14.    #14  
    I must have the wrong feed then cause there is nothing with that name in the feeds. All I see is Worthog-Uber-F102a Delta dagger-F104a Starfighter- Palm kernel Pre?Pixi, and SBromwhich. where on yours its at?
    under kernels, then all

today
    warthog pixie
    warthog pre

this week
    uberkernel
    F105 THUNDERCHIEF

last week
    f102
    f104
    palm kernel pixie
    palm kernel pre

last month
    sbromwich
  16.    #16  
    Guess what, I have it install that is why it's not showing up. Lol.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    The standard rule is that you should look around in the directory you plan to add to your feeds and make sure the Package listing is there.

There is a reason why 102 and 104 are not in the general release set right now, because if there is a major problem, you need to be able to respond QUICKLY, just in case a critical flaw is found that may kill your phone.

Think about that for a moment. Most people do not check for news on these experimental kernels very often, so what if a new kernel is released that may kill your phone after three hours of continual use? So, who would MOST people blame if they used an experimental kernel and were stupid enough not to stay VERY current on the news?

So, if you can't handle being in the sort of environment where you have to react quickly, experimental kernels are NOT for you. For that matter, you may not be the sort of person who could run anything but a stock kernel from Palm if you are not going to monitor your device temperature to make sure it doesn't overheat and kill your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Guess what, I have it install that is why it's not showing up. Lol.
    lol