Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just a rant on the fact that Palm isn't fixing the issues on the phone. They mentioned that the next update might be released late May, early June, yet we are approaching July. That isn't really big deal, but the next update is suppose to bring PDK to all developers and allow 3D gaming to Pixi customers.

But who gives a crap, I am still having issues with Google Maps, GPS, Apps resetting E-mail client resetting and so many other bug issues that should be fixed first.

How many of us really play 3D games on our phones, I'd much rather have them take a crack at the bugs and give use voice-recording and stuff.

Look at Android, they are selling so many units, and lack of 3D game isn't an issue, I really don't think people mention that as one of the gripes about Android.

My contract is up, and even though I LOVE WebOS, it think my the end of the month i will switch to EVO. Just too many issues, and not enough guidance as to what we can expect.
    The updates aren't happening because like everyone knows Palm is in the middle of being bought out and even after it finalizes it could be a month or two before they get back on track
    Sounds like you need a trip to the WebOS Doctor...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  4.    #4  
    The acquisition by HP should have no bearing on the updates. They said these updates were in the pipeline long before any announcement of the acquisition.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashakouri1 View Post
    The acquisition by HP should have no bearing on the updates. They said these updates were in the pipeline long before any announcement of the acquisition.
    I'm pretty sure the update was already released to carriers...
  6.    #6  
    Regardless of the update, I don't really care about PDK, and I am sure a majority of us would rather have more bug fixes and voice recording.

As I mentioned those issues prior, and sometimes texts disappear, and these are all known issues, that have not been fixed.

The Google maps issues is by far the worse. it tells me that I need internet connection when I have full bars and EV icon, and it takes up to 1-2 minutes to load sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Sounds like you need a trip to the WebOS Doctor...
    Yeah, I doubt the update is going to fix your problems. You ought to visit the Dr.
    you'll never see one again...lol
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Yeah, I doubt the update is going to fix your problems. You ought to visit the Dr.
    I am going to do it when the next update rolls around, cause I have too many duplicate songs and stuff like that, so rather have a fresh start.

But these are known issues, WebOS Doctor isn't going to help.
    Regardless of the update, I don't really care about PDK, and I am sure a majority of us would rather have more bug fixes and voice recording.

As I mentioned those issues prior, and sometimes texts disappear, and these are all known issues, that have not been fixed.

The Google maps issues is by far the worse. it tells me that I need internet connection when I have full bars and EV icon, and it takes up to 1-2 minutes to load sometimes.
    Voice recording should be coming towards the end of the year. The mic api will be available in the Fall. So, it's just a matter of time.
  11.    #11  
    Don't get me wrong, I love WebOS, but maybe some guidance would be cool.

I think they made a mistake by announcing and showing the Pre @ CES, when the phone was released like six months later, because at that point it was already kind of stale, instead of showing the phone, maybe some guidance, that in September-october they will release a phone, cause then i would wait and see, rather than buy the EVO.

Cause honestly the Pre has been out only for one year, and that isn't that long, but it was announced over 1.5 years ago, and people just think it has been out for so long.
    Don't get me wrong, I love WebOS, but maybe some guidance would be cool.

I think they made a mistake by announcing and showing the Pre @ CES, when the phone was released like six months later, because at that point it was already kind of stale, instead of showing the phone, maybe some guidance, that in September-october they will release a phone, cause then i would wait and see, rather than buy the EVO.

Cause honestly the Pre has been out only for one year, and that isn't that long, but it was announced over 1.5 years ago, and people just think it has been out for so long.
    Palm has said they are working on new hardware. HP even confirmed it. Hopefully, we'll see a new device before the holiday season...
    i already have voice recording zcorder is awesome
  14.    #14  
    Palm has said they are working on new hardware. HP even confirmed it. Hopefully, we'll see a new device before the holiday season...
    Yeah, I read that, but they said you will have amazing things coming up "next year."

Does that mean 2011? Or does that mean within the next year?

If they gave me some guidance then I might rethink my purchase of the EVO, if they said be prepared for an announcement in September, October or whatever, then I would most likely wait.
    Yeah, I read that, but they said you will have amazing things coming up "next year."

If they gave me some guidance then I might rethink my purchase of the EVO, if they said be prepared for an announcement in September, October or whatever, then I would most likely wait.
    They meant "over the next year". We should definitely be hearing a lot of news once HP actually acquires Palm.
    I doubt it, besides they are way behind the ball and losing ground daily. At thie pace they'll have another outdated device before it makes it to market. Palm is slowing becoming a niche phone like Nokia is in the US.
    it's amazing how some people read. It's says the next yr will be great,,not next year will be great. The next yr means right now,,,,,until next yr.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    I doubt it, besides they are way behind the ball a losing ground daily. At thie pace they'll have another outdated device before it makes it to market.
    How can it be outdated if it doesn't officially exist and we have no idea what the specs are? My belief is that it will have similar (if not better) specs than the current high end devices of the time.
  19.    #19  
    They meant "over the next year". We should definitely be hearing a lot of news once HP actually acquires Palm.

Good point, I didn't think of it like. Why release product announcements when the acquisition is going to take place on July 1st. Cause if the did release announcement, no one would really get a benefit from an investor standpoint, cause it wouldn't yet be a HP company.

Hopefully within the next month or so, they will release some information.

I'm sure if you post about it, on here, at least a dozen more times, they'll call you directly just to keep you as a customer.

I'm sure.

On the other hand, you could just wait until the service providers release the update they've already been given.

(In other words, Palm has done their part, we're waiting on the carriers).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast