Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    So since we are all "patiently" waiting on webos 1.4.5 I have been using the update app to see if it is available. It always tells me the application updates are available but all of the apps I have downloaded are up to date.

Over the last two days I went through two replacement pre's and it keeps constantly trying to download the application "Jigsaw" by the developer Doin. I downloaded the application when it was free and then deleted it a few days later, however, the app seems to have never been deleted off of my palm profile. The developer changed the price to a dollar to download, but I do not want to pay a dollar to download the app and then delete it. Does anyone know of any tips or tricks to have this app removed from my profile? I know the app only costs a dollar but I do not feel like paying for a program I will never use.

Any thoughts?
    your using the update app to check for updates but instead of using that go into app catalog and click on the shopping bag and if you have any updates available hit install all updates . the update app is better just for big os updates.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    your using the update app to check for updates but instead of using that go into app catalog and click on the shopping bag and if you have any updates available hit install all updates . the update app is better just for big os updates.
    I know that, I check for my app updates that way. I just want this "ghost app" removed from my profile. It is just a little annoying thats all.

I wonder if people actually use the update app to check for app updates...?
    some people do. so have you opened up app catalog app then the shopping bag and then open menu on top left and hit pause all downloads then delete paused downloads then if you want to save it so the profile does not try to reload just back up phone right after you pause and delete downloads . maybe this will help.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    some people do. so have you opened up app catalog app then the shopping bag and then open menu on top left and hit pause all downloads then delete paused downloads then if you want to save it so the profile does not try to reload just back up phone right after you pause and delete downloads . maybe this will help.
    Thanks for the tip, I just tried this however it did not seem to help at all...I did check the reviews on the Jigsaw app and it is pretty funny how many people left comments complaining about the same thing.
    have you tried the repair utility yet ? and maybe try opening webos quick installer and see if the app shows up in there and delete it that way . this could works as well.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    have you tried the repair utility yet ? and maybe try opening webos quick installer and see if the app shows up in there and delete it that way . this could works as well.
    Webos quickinstall does not show that app as being installed on my device anymore. However when I transfered my profile to my new pre it always tries to download that one application. It is rather annoying.
    search "phantom app" for the fix to your problems
    I have been getting that for 6 months now,,i don't really care,,it does not affect anything.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    search "phantom app" for the fix to your problems
    I tried doing that and I successfully removed the installHistory.db file and restarted my pre like it said but I it is still telling me app updates are available even though all my apps are up to date
    backup ur palm profile manualy. That fixed the issue for me
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Problem solved, that why I love this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Would you elaborate? If you mean go into the backup app and perform a manual backup, that did not resolve the problem for me.
    Last edited by chodaboy; 06/26/2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Clarification