Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    My palm pre is in an endless spiral of rebooting. Quick install can see the pre and all my programs, and patches. I think this is happening because virtual keyboard installed incorrectly, how can I remove virtual keyboard via commandline?

Edit: Attempted solutions:
    I tried removing the battery and putting it back in, it would still loop.
    Currently I am trying WebOS Repair Utility

I really do not wish to doctor the phone, as I have photos and text message strings that I would prefer to keep
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Just checking - did you try removing the battery and putting it back in? (Sorry if you tried this already.)
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    yep, I tried that and i revised my original post to show what I've tried so far
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    while attempting to restore one of the files in mojo folder, i got a connection reset by peer error
    Can you connect to computer in USB mode? That would at least let you save the photos.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    That, I cannot. I can see my backgroudn image for 2 seconds and the bottom bar then bam restart

How can I transfer all of the photos and text message strings via commandline?
    Last edited by Fihiro; 06/25/2010 at 03:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    webos repair just went awol and is restoring everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Fihiro View Post
    That, I cannot. I can see my backgroudn image for 2 seconds and the bottom bar then bam restart

How can I transfer all of the photos and text message strings via commandline?
    This is definitely a problem with the files. Usually if specific files like the ones virtual keyboard modifies are corrupt, then it can cause this. You need WebOS Repair Utility to repair the files.

If you can't do that, then you need to manually replace the files. I can gice you a list of the files and some directions when I get home at 1030 eastern.

You are aware that the Doctor doesn't overwrite the pictures although ur text messages are doomed. I wouldn't recommend the palmdatabase.db3 be backed up either since it can cause problems later down the road.
    Try leaving the battery out long enough for the capacitors to run dry, maybe 15 - 30 minutes might do it.

Just a thought.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    This is definitely a problem with the files. Usually if specific files like the ones virtual keyboard modifies are corrupt, then it can cause this. You need WebOS Repair Utility to repair the files.

If you can't do that, then you need to manually replace the files. I can gice you a list of the files and some directions when I get home at 1030 eastern.

You are aware that the Doctor doesn't overwrite the pictures although ur text messages are doomed. I wouldn't recommend the palmdatabase.db3 be backed up either since it can cause problems later down the road.
    Thank goodness Doctor wont overwrite the photos. I'll look forward to your list of files and directions. Repair utility is replacing every single file so far.

wow freaky the screen is staying on when the battery is out.

nvm it was plugged into the computer.

(still freaky)
    Last edited by Fihiro; 06/25/2010 at 05:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Okay, I backed up my PalmDatabase.pb3 file, and installed it on to the emulator. So, my text message history is still existing among many other things. Do you think it will case me problems if i doctor then replace the palm database file? I mean, it is the exact same phone i will be replacing