1.    #1  
    Went to use the Pre as a MHS today during a drive and once MHS connected I got msg that stated my account was not authorized for tethering... I connected to the internet for a few minutes and then it died.

I guess now the iOS4 is live with tethering they are checking all smartphones ?

Anyone else experience this ?

Thanks
    Lou
    Do you have the data plan that enables tethering? There is a specific data plan that includes it...
  3.    #3  
    I have an unlimited data plan and this has worked for the past 2 weeks since I had the phone.

I just looked at my AT&T account on the web and I do not see which plan would include it.

It seems like it is new since the iPhone tethering launch.
    do you have bluetooth turned on? turn it off and see if it fixed it.

i saw that on another forum. worked for me when i turned off bluetooth.
    I used MHS this afternoon since I was in need of internet at didn't have wifi. Used it for over 30 minutes. Not the fastest connection, but worked adequately. Speedtest ran at 1.2Mbps down and 0.2Mbps up.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
  6.    #6  
    Thanks Toby... that seems to do the trick. Using it now to post this and seems solid with no msg this time.

Lou