Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Has anyone else just completely given up on the update? I used to check my phone 5 times a day at the beginning to middle of the month but now I have just lost hope. What the hell is palm doing waiting this long?? Don't they know even if they release an update that is not that robust it still somewhat satisfies people instead of leaving them thinking that the company has lost interest (even though I know this is not the case). I really just don't get it, esp with the new iphone coming out, you would think that palm would at least have released an update before the launch so frustrated palm owners just might stay instead of jumping ship to the iphone. And you think HP might have a hand in this because palm is going to officially be their company very soon. I am generally shocked at how long it has been since the last update. C'mon HPalm!!!!
    The Carrier have the update already.. we are waiting on them mostly
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I don't know what your waiting on.
    It'll probably be before June ends, for Sprint customers. We usually get it first.

(Well, after tomi666)
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 06/25/2010 at 12:24 PM.
    Uhmm...its not even a major update. Why do you guys care so much about it? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    no you don't
    LoL, i was adding that when u posted that.
    cuz any improvement is better than none!
    Quote Originally Posted by cr_8_tiv View Post
    cuz any improvement is better than none!
    Oh sorry, the company is bankrupt and can't really afford to make every effort to push through an update that doesn't even have the greatest technical features being added. In fact, the company being said is currently being bought by a huge company, so I think they're a little busy trying to get that in order.

No one promised you anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    lol sometimes I swear you guys should just relax...the new update won't add any major changes except flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Oh sorry, the company is bankrupt and can't really afford to make every effort to push through an update that doesn't even have the greatest technical features being added. In fact, the company being said is currently being bought by a huge company, so I think they're a little busy trying to get that in order.

No one promised you anything.
    But that same company is giving away millions of dollars to developers for the Hot Apps Contest. Long before they were brought
    everytime there is an update it crashes my phone and i have to doctor -- screw it i will be one of the last to add the next or any update to my phone --- you all can be beta testers -- get it all fixed before i DL it
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    But that same company is giving away millions of dollars to developers for the Hot Apps Contest. Long before they were brought
    All money accumulated from the said purchased apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    There's a difference between a company being on the track to bankruptcy, and actually being bankrupt.
    you checked your phone 5 times a day for a update?...
    This signature for rent
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    you checked your phone 5 times a day for a update?...
    Actually more like 10 ...
    After previously owning an Instinct I am happy with an update every 3 months Its nice to have a phone that gets support in a consistent form. Its not like palm made a statement that ever 27th of every month you will get an update. We should be happy to get the support we do, especially with a company we all love, that almost went under before HP.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    After previously owning an Instinct I am happy with an update every 3 months Its nice to have a phone that gets support in a consistent form. Its not like palm made a statement that ever 27th of every month you will get an update. We should be happy to get the support we do, especially with a company we all love, that almost went under before HP.
    I'm sorry, it's a cut-throat market out there, and I want a phone that is at the top of the market ... sorry if I hold my cell phone to high standards, it is the survival of the fittest, and with today's technology and how fast it moves, if palm does not keep up quick people will go elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    I'm sorry, it's a cut-throat market out there, and I want a phone that is at the top of the market ... sorry if I hold my cell phone to high standards, it is the survival of the fittest, and with today's technology and how fast it moves, if palm does not keep up quick people will go elsewhere.
    So I guess the question is how do you think 1.4.5 is going to keep people from going elsewhere? It's not clear that flash will be included. The only feature that we know for sure is coming with 1.4.5 is the ability for the Pixi to run PDK games. Updates are great and I'm all for them, and there will undoubtedly be some bug fixes that come along for the ride, but I don't think 1.4.5 is really going to change Palm's competitive position right now. I think they need new hardware for that.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    A waste of good thread space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Uhmm...its not even a major update. Why do you guys care so much about it? lol
    Do we even know what is in 1.5? I know some suspect flash, but do we actually KNOW of any functionality being added in 1.4.5? Usually anything with two decimals in front of it will be bug fixes (ie 1.4.1) rather than major new stuff.

If it's truly called 1.5, what are they adding?

Personally, I don't care about much but finally seeing webOS use the GPU. Oh, and a bunch of configurability to get back to stuff we took for granted with the Centro (like separate volume settings for ringer and speaker...)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast