Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Ughh...
    Here we go with the binary bullies.
    that made me laugh so hard I cried. True story lol
    Herb, Palm has had more updates because so much was (and is) missing. I'm sure you realize that, don't you?
    Is it your assertion that all of the other OS's didn't need updates? Seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    So I guess the question is how do you think 1.4.5 is going to keep people from going elsewhere? It's not clear that flash will be included. The only feature that we know for sure is coming with 1.4.5 is the ability for the Pixi to run PDK games. Updates are great and I'm all for them, and there will undoubtedly be some bug fixes that come along for the ride, but I don't think 1.4.5 is really going to change Palm's competitive position right now. I think they need new hardware for that.
    Not to be rude but i hate your pic you have on for your avatar gives me thee hebee jeebes
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    01101100 01100101 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01110100 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01110101 01110000 01100100 01100001 01110100 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 00111110 00101110 00111110

try that one on for size
    Yes i agree we should be talking update and not about binary
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    threads like these are cestpools for the trolls on this forum. . .hahaha i love it
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Is it your assertion that all of the other OS's didn't need updates? Seriously?
    Ahhh, we've been down this road a gazillion times over the past year now. We each have our own opinions about this and they're not going to change, so let's just leave it at that.

It's good to see you back here though. I hope you've at least been lurking.

Take care.
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Yes i agree we should be talking update and not about binary
    I'm glad some one else knows binary =_=
    anywho
    I'm wondering if they'll make any changes to the other apps, most importantly:

music
    google maps DEFINITELY
    calendar maybe
    the phone and messages apps could do with some tweaking
    and I mean, honestly, I'd love a better calc. compared to iOS' it's a bit..rusty.
    I like seeing updates on my phone all i have had to do was remove my theme i made avatar 2.5 and then install the update then reload the theme but now i guess prethemer has made themes ota computable and most the patches come back in a day or so with preware for the most part updates are stream lined now... So i don't have anything to worry about The only thing that may bug me would be MyTether not coming back for a couple weeks he is slow about that...
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    I'm glad some one else knows binary =_=
    anywho
    I'm wondering if they'll make any changes to the other apps, most importantly:

music
    google maps DEFINITELY
    calendar maybe
    the phone and messages apps could do with some tweaking
    and I mean, honestly, I'd love a better calc. compared to iOS' it's a bit..rusty.
    haha no probs

I hope they do change g-maps and the music app and also the blue tooth stack needs fixed its crap till they doo
    haha no probs

I hope they do change g-maps and the music app and also the blue tooth stack needs fixed its crap till they doo
    gmaps needs to be
    1. Edited to look more like a webOS app and not like an android app. I mean, honestly. google must have some time to atleast think of developing a decent maps app for webOS
    2. Enable a waaay better loading time.

the music app could use better loading time as well, so theeennnnn I could use it instead of my zune. The main reason for why I'd consider an iphone, not that I am, would be it's music app and itunes syncability.

what I personally would LOVE would be bluetooth file transfer, but I heard somewhere that it's a hard thing to do via software OTA update >.>
    but it WOULD be amazing to send someone a file while browsing the web and texting someone etc. gotta love webos :3

I'd also love an actual gps toggle
    depth perception for my pixi along with LED for video taking, and an overall better video app. Matter of fact, I'd like a better everything for all my media D:
    but I'll definitely live till the next webos update palm's doing great. and so will hpalm
    Not to be rude but i hate your pic you have on for your avatar gives me thee hebee jeebes
    Awesome. That's kind of the point. Well, that and Christopher Walken is totally cool.
    Ahhh, we've been down this road a gazillion times over the past year now. We each have our own opinions about this and they're not going to change, so let's just leave it at that.

It's good to see you back here though. I hope you've at least been lurking.

Take care.
    Dude, you brought it up. Is it really your assertion that other OS's aren't updated because they don't need to be updated, and only WebOS needed updating?

I submit that WebOS was a working, ready for release OS all along. Not as polished as some, definitely more polished than others.

However, the updates it's received go far beyond "fixing what was wrong". They've provided capabilities that were never promised, and improvements that the users have asked for.

What other OS has released updates that even remotely compare?

Oh, and nah, I've not really been lurking. I had a vacation with the g-kids, and a project at work. Both are finished
    This thread gives me a headache...

1.4.5 - Expansion of PDK app to Pixi. Also allow indie PDK apps. Most iPhone apps are still out of league due to the lack of API's in WebOS.
    1.5/2.0 - CSS animations, Javascript optimizations, and hardware acceleration. The reason I say 2.0 is because it seems more like that kind of jump. Palm has already hinted a Fall release for this although I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed.

If 1.5 is released, then 2.0 will probably be for CES 2011. If you ask for sources, I'll bombard you with them.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    my date for update 30/06/10 and about 3 min before midnight
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Sighhhhhhhh-

1.4 added the ability to use Flash when Adobe puts it out there (which is being done now). All we're waiting for is the app that triggers it.
    Wouldn't that mean the app would be running all the time? Wouldn't it make more sense to be an OS update?
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Wouldn't that mean the app would be running all the time?
    That's a great question, but they actually said it back in February or January.

(Said that 1.4 would provide the ability, and then an app would provide the function.)

Look through everything that was said during the time of CES and the month thereafter.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 06/26/2010 at 03:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    All the Pre's functions are apps:
    com.palm.app.camera
    com.palm.app.messaging
    EXACTLY.
    So this goes along perfectly with what i've been saying, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by tomi666
    What if Adobe just develops a ""com.palm.app.flash" for Palm to integrate in their OTA update?
    You mean, like when Palm threw in that NFL app during an OTA OS update last fall, right? Well if it's just an app, then they don't have to wait for that.
    The only reason i could possibly see them throwing it in with the update is just to make a bigger splash with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Your posts are like a good red wine. Go along perfectly with just about anything
    Yes, i am quite the expert poster , but see below:

Quote Originally Posted by Most of us guys
    Then again, I don't know the first thing about ________________ (Insert ANY topic here) or anything else for that matter.
    I changed your quote, just slightly, to illustrate what my very supportive wife tells me all the time.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 06/26/2010 at 05:15 AM.
    It seems to me that it would the best idea for Palm to allow Adobe release Flash in the App Catalog so they don't have to rely on WebOS updates to make revisions to their flash capabilities.

Then again, who knows? We aren't Palm or Adobe. All we can do is speculate and wait...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    I don't know about you guys but I think is been a while since we had a release with new features? What is going on...
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast