1.    #1  
    It seems like every where I look, the Pre is now $149. They used to be cheaper. Has anyone found a cheaper price recently? I am in the market for two of them.

Thanks!

(Yes we are eligible for the upgrade)
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Amazon has the sprint ones for $80.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  3.    #3  
    yes but that is for new customers only. I am looking for "upgrade"
    Oh, I thought if you were upgrade eligible they treated you like a new customer (since you have to sign a new contract). I guess it is different at retailers other than Sprint?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    It seems like every where I look, the Pre is now $149. They used to be cheaper. Has anyone found a cheaper price recently? I am in the market for two of them.

Thanks!

(Yes we are eligible for the upgrade)
    My daughter just got one at WalMart (walked in) for $78
    Brand new at $149 is probably the best your probably gonna get. Try ebay.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Oh, I thought if you were upgrade eligible they treated you like a new customer (since you have to sign a new contract). I guess it is different at retailers other than Sprint?
    It's the same on AT7T and T-Mobile. Upgrades aren't a new contract--you're extending your existing contract, sometimes with new features and upgrading to a better phone. Sometimes the price is the same for the phones--the EVO is 199 for new or upgrading customers. But not always.

This is a very common way to do things, in the US at least.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    My daughter just got one at WalMart (walked in) for $78
    walmart??? never thought of there.. upgrade or new contract?
    Verizon is 49.99 and AT&T through Amazon is 1 penny
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    walmart??? never thought of there.. upgrade or new contract?
    We added a line, so it was basicaly the same as a new contract. However, I'm almost positive the price tag said "New contracts and eligible upgrades. Requires 2 year contract".

Call around the stores. The first one I called didn't have any. The second had 4. Ironically, their display for the Pre was empty, but they did have the phones.