1.    #1  
    I have a Palm Pre, and just upgraded to a Palm Pre Plus.

I am wondering where the files are for the SMS message I have on my Pre as I would like to transfer them to the Palm Pre Plus.

Anyone? Anyone, Bueller? Anyone at all?
    They are in a folder in your phone's USB storage.
    Last edited by Jason Black; 06/25/2010 at 11:10 AM.
    That information is, like just about every phone data, in the palmdatabase.db3 hidden deep inside the system.

To make it short: since you've got different models, the transfer isn't as easy as copying and pasting the file from one phone to another. Do a search on "pre backup utility" or "save/restore" (I'd post the links to the threads myself, but somehow the search is busted ATM). I am not exactly sure, what both programs are capable of nowadays, but IIRC easy migration amongst other things is a goal they are trying to achieve.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post
    That information is, like just about every phone data, in the palmdatabase.db3 hidden deep inside the system.

To make it short: since you've got different models, the transfer isn't as easy as copying and pasting the file from one phone to another. Do a search on "pre backup utility" or "save/restore" (I'd post the links to the threads myself, but somehow the search is busted ATM). I am not exactly sure, what both programs are capable of nowadays, but IIRC easy migration amongst other things is a goal they are trying to achieve.
    Save/restore doesnt restore SMS. Pre backup Utility does. And are you talking about files like pictures and music or just all your text messages?
    Quote Originally Posted by THL View Post

Pre Backup Utility hasn't been working for me for a few weeks, so I use Save/Restore.

I stumbled upon the .html file it created one day and I was impressed.

That app is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    They are a folder in your phone's USB storage.
    Really? That'd be news to me. Searched my whole /media/internal and couldn't find anything corresponding with that (exceptfor the SMS.html Save/Restore created, however restore is not supported yet for messaging, as I read).
    'til we meet again.
    THL