1.    #1  
    I try to read PDF on my Pre Plus but it says ERROR. ANy solutions ? Thanks in advance
    I have the same problem. It seems to have started in the last several weeks maybe a month or so. I haven't found a fix yet. Hopefully someone will have some ideas.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    There have been several threads started about this issue. (I'm not belittling this thread because the other ones are several months old).

There is no solution at this time :-/
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    What does it say exactly? What's going on exactly? How are you opening it? Where are you opening it from?
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    For me it says "PDF View has encountered a problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Error Message:
    Render document failed."

This happens when I open a pdf attachment from email and also when I try to open pdf already on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    For me it says "PDF View has encountered a problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Error Message:
    Render document failed."

This happens when I open a pdf attachment from email and also when I try to open pdf already on my phone.
    Does it open the PDF app and say that or does the app fail to open?
    If I open the pdf from email, it opens the app and then give the above error. If I open the app itself, it gives me a list of pdfs to choose from and when I click one it give the above error.
    When did this start happening? Was there a specific action? It sounds as if there is a corrupt PDF corrupting the app and making it unable to operate correctly. If that doesn't work, do a doctor to restore the PDF app files.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I had this happen a while ago for me and it happened to be the PDF file itself (maybe corrupt?). Does this happen for all PDFs or just some?
    I currently have 4 pdf files on my phone. I get the above error when I attempt to open 2 of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by eesucks View Post
    I had this happen a while ago for me and it happened to be the PDF file itself (maybe corrupt?). Does this happen for all PDFs or just some?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach447 View Post
    I currently have 4 pdf files on my phone. I get the above error when I attempt to open 2 of them.
    Yup, definitely sounds like corrupt files. It doesn't have anything to do with the PDF app or the Pre. The PDF files definitely sound corrupted. One thing I have seen is PDF files coming from Mac's being corrupted or at least a page or two corrupting the entire file.
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Please do a full search on this topic before doing anything so "drastic" as doctoring your Pre (or recommending it to anyone else). This issue has been around since day one. I believe someone found that it depended (in some cases) on what version of Adobe Acrobat the document was created with.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Please do a full search on this topic before doing anything so "drastic" as doctoring your Pre (or recommending it to anyone else). This issue has been around since day one. I believe someone found that it depended (in some cases) on what version of Adobe Acrobat the document was created with.
    I didn't do a search either as I was going off of expertise. Thank you for the information, but I'm glad I at least was right.
  14.    #14  
    The message reads " pdf view has encountered an error. We apologize.. Error message : render document failed.

Thanks in advance