1.    #1  
    hi to everybody,

i am using palm pre plus almost 5 days, and even 1 min talk drains 2% battery. when the phone is on standby, everything is ok . but once i start talking or browsing it starts draining very fast... i can't even see from 9-6 without charging...

has anyone have similar issue? or what can i do in this situation ?

thanks...
    Buy a touchstone or two (preferably one at work, one for home or car) Setting it on the touchstone when not in use is so much less hassle then plugging it in.

To your question...yes, it is a battery hog. See the several threads on how to increase battery life. There are several really good suggestions there.
    I think it's a general issue, These phones are so powerful. I think Palm will address an update sometime like but for now I'd recommend getting another battery, I know they're expensive but you'll get twice the power and the batteries will both have a longer life.
    Welcome to PreCentral and the world of webOS. Yes, the Pre is a very powerful smartphone with a lot of things going on and things to adjust. You should see some improvement in the next few days to a week. If you haven't read this thread, please do so, it will help. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...life-tips.html

Enjoy your new phone.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Also, after about 2 or 3 weeks of usage, battery will hold a charge much longer. Had it on the Sprint Pre and same occurrence now on the AT&T Pre.
    Nope that sounds about right.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Into my first week with the Pre. Battery doesn't last a whole day, so I bring the USB cable with me to work until I get a touchstone or another USB cable. Got a car charger to make up the diff for the moment. The PRE rocks and I can hold it "the right way" or "the wrong way" and unlike a certain "jesus phone", I don't drop any bars. LOL!!!
    Last edited by Dark_Blu; 06/26/2010 at 01:52 AM.
    "And miles to go before I sleep..."
    Guitarist/Composer/Founder- Metal band-"DARK BLU"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/darkblu
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I suggest the Mugen 1400MaH battery (post), also check out these tips.

If you're following all of the tips, and/or you get the extended battery, you don't really need more than one touchstone. I have one for my office, and one for home and that's more than enough power to get though the day, plus a few hours at the bar.

Just remember, it's going to be ok. Search the forums if you have any questions. Precentral makes the Pre worth more than you can imagine. Welcome to our little world of superior UI!
  9.    #9  
    thanks for everybody it's really good to be a member of palm pre community

since yesterday my battery lasted more than before, i think charge-decharge-charge circle made some difference.

-----

another thing is, i'm struggling with att more than 2 days to get my unlock code. customer representative was really friendly and helpful to solve my issue, but somehow there is no unlock code or it doesn't exist. is there any way to unlock it if they can't provide any unlock code for me? or they they trying to get rid of me?

thanks for your help again...
  10.    #10  
    today i unlocked my pre with the code which was given from att
    a couple of days ago i realized that sometimes if somebody rings my phone just one time and then cancels it, the next call is silent always! i cant hear my phone is ringing...

anybody with same weird situation?
    If you are in an area with spotty coverage it can kill a battery fast.

I was in a restaurant once, and had WiFi on. The WiFi signal kept dropping out. The phone would then start searching for the carrier signal and trying to get the WiFi back also. It would find one or the other, connect, then lose it again.

There was 1 or no bars for voice, so the phone was switching back and forth between no signal, roaming, and carrier signal.

It killed my phone in 90 minutes. If you are in that situation, you can just put it in airplane mode until you get somewhere with a signal.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    If you are in an area with spotty coverage it can kill a battery fast.

I was in a restaurant once, and had WiFi on. The WiFi signal kept dropping out. The phone would then start searching for the carrier signal and trying to get the WiFi back also. It would find one or the other, connect, then lose it again.

There was 1 or no bars for voice, so the phone was switching back and forth between no signal, roaming, and carrier signal.

It killed my phone in 90 minutes. If you are in that situation, you can just put it in airplane mode until you get somewhere with a signal.
    Or put the phone in roam only mode.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  13.    #13  
    thanks...

what about wing ringing problem? any idea?
    I'd be lucky to get about 4hours battery life with constant Browser, Text, Calls. I know where all the outlets at most airports around the country are. I love WebOS but i need a better phone with more juice, upgrade soon, come on HP get some news out.
    Turning off Background Data Collection in Location Services improved my battery life significantly. I also keep brightness around 20%.
    Quote Originally Posted by levoresume View Post
    hi to everybody,

i am using palm pre plus almost 5 days, and even 1 min talk drains 2% battery. when the phone is on standby, everything is ok . but once i start talking or browsing it starts draining very fast... i can't even see from 9-6 without charging...

has anyone have similar issue? or what can i do in this situation ?

thanks...
    Battery life has been... will be a huge problem for these smart phones. It seems like the only way for your battery to not drained is to keep it charging and not using it.
    Wifi with data off is the only way to get decent battery life.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I doctored my Pre the other day for the first time in about 6months and seeing significant improvement in battery life. I'm actually getting a solid full day of heavy use without having to top-off throughout the day. (patched & Ubered back)
    Not exactly sure why.. .
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Failure to disable DIAG mode after unlocking your phone (using Nextgenserver's solution) will also drain your battery excessively.
    i unlocked my phone officially , i didn't use nextgenserver solution. i got my unlock code directly from att
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    Wifi with data off is the only way to get decent battery life.
    I have seen many here claim this, but my experience seems to be the opposite. WiFi seems to just suck the battery down, whereas I am able to get pretty good battery life with data on and the WiFi switched off. Although, I must mention that since the 3G bands of the AT&T Pre don't work here in India, I have only Edge/GPRS data service.