1.    #1  
    First question:
    Recently we went through a series of terrible thunderstorms with lots of lightning. As I went to unplug my electronics, I wondered about my Pre which was charging on the Touchstone charger. Is it just as susceptible to power surges as devices that are directly connected to power or does the connectionless nature of this type of charger offer protection from surges?

Second question:
    As I look at the news on the web browser, I find that more and more they are posting video instead of articles to read. If I click the video, it will (usually) play but the sound plays from the speaker. If I am using a Bluetooth headset, can I redirect the sound to the headset instead?

Bonus third question:
    On the subject of sound via the headset, is there any way to have alerts sound off via the headset (like when e-mail or SMS messages arrive)? I usually keep it on silent while in public areas and sometimes I miss the alert buzz but if I had my headset on, it would be nice to get the alert there.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Jeff
    for number 2 if your using a bluetooth headset with a2dp support then yes audio will come through the bluetooth headset. Kills alot of power.

for the bonus I think you might b able to get someone to make a patch to do that with a a2dp headset. I know when using a wired headset the alerts come through the wired headset.
    For the first question, use the old-fashioned "tongue-test".

Believe me, you'll find out, lol.
    It never fails.
  4.    #4  
    Old_Hatch: Thank you for the advice. I will check to see if I have a a3db headset.

dbd: Thanks for the laughs. It still doesn't answer the question about if the Touchstone is prone to power surges and it it will affect the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeirdHerald View Post
    dbd: Thanks for the laughs. It still doesn't answer the question about if the Touchstone is prone to power surges and it it will affect the phone.
    Anytime.
    If you want more, check out:

http://forums.precentral.net/off-top...rial-here.html