1.    #1  
    Followed these instructions for my sprint Pre very carefully Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals (I am after the F102/104 Kernels)

I then updated the feeds. I do not see these kernels. I tried in the list of everything typing "Kernel" "Compcache" "F102" nothing. As also tried turing off all other feeds except the 2 new test feeds I added:

Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/
    &
    Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/

And it did load a list of items which leads me to believe I added the feeds correctly.

Can someone help me or let me know where I can get the ipk files for use in webosqi?

Thanks.
    i get an error when updating the feeds also.. dont know what im doing wrong..
    you can find the kernels here, uNiXpSyChO
    Am I correct assuming these "beta" kernals are possibly more risky if ur not experienced? I have UK (-21) ..No issues.. but I'm curious what all the fuss is about w these new UK versions and unixpsycho betas
    Quote Originally Posted by csrredcoat View Post
    Followed these instructions for my sprint Pre very carefully Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals (I am after the F102/104 Kernels)

And it did load a list of items which leads me to believe I added the feeds correctly.

Can someone help me or let me know where I can get the ipk files for use in webosqi?

Thanks.
    Yes you added those testing feeds correctly, but those are not the feeds in which to find the alpha kernals. There are plenty of places to find the correct feed, so I am not going to post it in this thread. The more you read about these kernals the more you will learn about how to properly alpha test them; you will also find the correct feed url.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by illadelphatic View Post
    Yes you added those testing feeds correctly, but those are not the feeds in which to find the alpha kernals. There are plenty of places to find the correct feed, so I am not going to post it in this thread. The more you read about these kernals the more you will learn about how to properly alpha test them; you will also find the correct feed url.
    Its funny how easy it is to find the feed urls when you already have them and just don't know it.... Don't get how people can't find them...
    Im surprised the OP hasent been flamed harder than what he already has for asking for these "secret" URL's. Ive seen so many people that are interested in testing these alpha kernels that just get rolled for asking for help. Not really sure why its such a big deal to tell someone how to set up preware to access the feeds but for whatever reason, it is. No one can say that "its already been answered" or "search the threads, its there" because i have seen NUMEROUS threads started where the answer has been given 5 or 6 times before and people dont seem to have a problem answering those things again. Wish i could help.......if i could i would, but i cant because i cant figure it out either. However, if its the kernels that your after use the link that hatchettjack posted. You can get them there and install through QI.
    I posted the links in the compcache thread in webos development. The attitude of some of these people are really terrible. It took a lot of digging to get the right feed name and link.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    ahhh. so with the "you already have them hint" I am assuming that they just forked a branch higher up in the tree. So there is likely a "testing" and a "kernel testing" branch.... That's more of an obscurity issue than a "you don't know what you are doing issue"
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    google and wiki are your friends...
    I found them in minutes when I first looked...the problem is that some of you are not willing to take the time to look...you ask questions that are on the first page of a thread because you chose to start reading on the 10th page...and it's those that are guilty of this that may take shortcuts later when using/testing these alpha kernels etc. And then when something gos wrong you will end up starting from the 10th page in a thread begging for answers..sorry to vent...cant even imagine how frustrated "unipsycho" gets...
  11.    #11  
    Thanks all, I do make an attempt to find things on my own. I just thought that the testing feeds was where the alpha kernels would be. I had no idea that there are other feeds that I should be looking for. I learn as I go. Thanks.
    Just Google it. I found it in minutes.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo