1.    #1  
    When i pull up the launcher all my app icons have disappeared and there are no pages to scroll through. now the thing is when i use universal search it finds the app and i can open and use the app. so there still thee they just down show up when i pull up the launcher.
    as a backdrop this past week i've been installing a bunch of patches. i ran the "emergency patch recovery" through preware and still have the same problem. i also opened webos quick install this afternoon and selected device management and it didn't show anything, i feel like thats when the problem happened but i;m definately not sure that that did it. i also have installed and running Uberkernal and Govnah.

I attached a screenshot. Any help on how to get my icons back would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you have Save/Restore, you can use it to restore the launcher.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  3.    #3  
    Sorry... but i'm not sure where to find that.
    Having exactly the same problem. I've partially erased my pre, used webosdoctor and updated to 1.4.5, but nothing.

Has anybody found any solution for this?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    This happened to me a while back and I believe it was the wrap pages patch that did it for me. I just uninstalled all of my launcher pages and then installed them back 1 by 1 (doing a restart after each one) and it fixed itself.
    The only app I have that is not from the catalogue is MyTether, where can I find wrap pages patch?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by data101 View Post
    The only app I have that is not from the catalogue is MyTether, where can I find wrap pages patch?
    Thanks
    So you have not installed Preware and/or WebOS Quick Install on your phone? If not, you would not have this patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNay View Post
    When i pull up the launcher all my app icons have disappeared and there are no pages to scroll through. now the thing is when i use universal search it finds the app and i can open and use the app. so there still thee they just down show up when i pull up the launcher.
    as a backdrop this past week i've been installing a bunch of patches. i ran the "emergency patch recovery" through preware and still have the same problem. i also opened webos quick install this afternoon and selected device management and it didn't show anything, i feel like thats when the problem happened but i;m definately not sure that that did it. i also have installed and running Uberkernal and Govnah.

I attached a screenshot. Any help on how to get my icons back would be greatly appreciated.
    This is likely a result of one of the launcher patches for named or tabbed launcher pages.

Using your universal search pull up and launch preware. Go into your installed package list and remove the offending patch and reboot your phone.

You should get your icons back. Now go into Preware and remove all of your launcher patches and restart your phone.

Now you can add the offending patch from above back FIRST and then add the other ones. Everything should be good after that.

Those patches like to be first. IDK why.

This happened to me some months ago.