Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone

I love the palm pre, but after a year of waiting, I am getting frustrated that no one has created a serious GTD application for this phone. Palm has a well established history of use with professionals and businesses, and I am very surprised that no one has created a david covey methodology app...and outline tracker doesnt qualify in my books. Take a look at todomatrix for blackberry or omnifocus for the Iphone. Come on everyone! ..I would gladly pay 40 plus dollars for this app. todomatrix cost me over 50! I'm in! ..and I'm certain that alot of other professionals and task management people alike are in the same boat!

Andy
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    sorry man, i don't know what a GTD app is....
    Quote Originally Posted by akular1 View Post
    Hi everyone

I love the palm pre, but after a year of waiting, I am getting frustrated that no one has created a serious GTD application for this phone. Palm has a well established history of use with professionals and businesses, and I am very surprised that no one has created a david covey methodology app...and outline tracker doesnt qualify in my books. Take a look at todomatrix for blackberry or omnifocus for the Iphone. Come on everyone! ..I would gladly pay 40 plus dollars for this app. todomatrix cost me over 50! I'm in! ..and I'm certain that alot of other professionals and task management people alike are in the same boat!

Andy
    Seriously, I wish I knew what you were talking about

-------------------------------------
    Inglorious Apps
    GTD = Get Things Done
    I was thinking about developing a GTD app similar to Agendus. I have been updating my other apps too much though...
    Developer of:

-------------------------------------
    Discuss my apps in my developer forum
    He's talking about a project management application type of thing. Outline tracker, which I use, is OK and all, but you're right, it doesn't fulfill my needs. The UI is pretty bad.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000 View Post
    I was thinking about developing a GTD app similar to Agendus. I have been updating my other apps too much though...
    ditto (without the other apps part)
    Have you tried Notes?
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    Have you tried Notes?
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    LOL
    I think he was serious man.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    LOL
    What? Why you lol-ing?
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopgoat View Post
    What? Why you lol-ing?
    GTD (Getting Things Done) is more than writing notes, it's a particular approach to managing your tasks and projects. I don't do it myself, but I gather that it's a different approach to the typical task management based on priority and dates and centering more on the flowing of tasks, which is why people were using Outline Tracker as a replacement. Apparently, though, it is not sufficient.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Done: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/done-toodledo

Cowtasks: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/rtm

TskAdder: http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/taskadder

Also, payed: Outline Tracker and Toodler Task Manager

Best regards,
    Anders H.
    I would also say Done!. Does most everything you might need for GTD.
    akular1 and Reign25, can you be more specific about how Outline Tracker fails to meet your needs?
    Just delving into GTD myself I would also like to know that. I see all mandatory fields and connections for GTD in Basecamp/Outline Tracker and Toodledo/Done!. However since I'm no veteran, I'm unable to identify the shortcomings.

Could you please elaborate how and when these apps won't suffice and leave me frustrated? I don't really want to make that initial bucket over and over again, until I find the right product.
    'til we meet again.
    THL
    I'm not much on doing extensive data entry on my Pre, so maybe that's why I don't see the shortcomings.

I've been a big fan of Outline Tracker, but I also signed up for ToodleDo for (what I thought would be) more basic ToDo type stuff. I use Done! with it on my Pre. I've found myself using that combination more and more for the GTD stuff. However, I will admit, I'm more of an tinkering observer to GTD, and not a full-fledged cult member yet.
    One other note. I have to say, if I were a developer reading this forum, I'd have a very difficult time deciding to invest a lot of time into an app that I'd hope to sell for $30-$50 when I see the constant whining over $10 and $5 apps as being "too expensive".

I know this is a different category, and there might even be enough serious users to buy the product, but that is not the perception that developers are being given.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I desperately want a GTD app that works closely with Google Tasks - especially since Google Tasks allows me to drag n drop to re-order tasks. Hope I can do that in a Pre app. Outline Tracker allows drag n drop re-ordering, but I'm not happy with the web version or how changes are passed back n fro.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    I desperately want a GTD app that works closely with Google Tasks - especially since Google Tasks allows me to drag n drop to re-order tasks. Hope I can do that in a Pre app. Outline Tracker allows drag n drop re-ordering, but I'm not happy with the web version or how changes are passed back n fro.
    That one is going to be difficult, since Google hasn't released an API for Google Tasks yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast