Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    everytime I have phone plugged in through USB the way I disconnect is by going to the safely remove hardware option. When it says my device is safe to remove the USB screen does not come off from the pre screen then I am forced just to disconnect. Then it goes to the boot logo and sometimes I get the screen that says some data may have been lost and to disconnect from the computer. Does anyone know what is going on here and how to properly disconnect?
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    everytime I have phone plugged in through USB the way I disconnect is by going to the safely remove hardware option. When it says my device is safe to remove the USB screen does not come off from the pre screen then I am forced just to disconnect. Then it goes to the boot logo and sometimes I get the screen that says some data may have been lost and to disconnect from the computer. Does anyone know what is going on here and how to properly disconnect?
    I assume you are using windows. The better way is to open Windows Explorer, go to "My Computer" and right click on the device and select "Eject". the phone should immediately come out of USB mode and you should be good to go
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    i prefer to "EJECT" myself
    EOM