Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    does anyone know how to create a playlist to be recognized in the music app through pluggin the phone in through USB? I can't figure it out? Thanks!
    download an app to pc called doubletwist, I believe that program will help you.
    So if you're familiar with preware you can download an app called music remix. It allows you to create playlists called flylists, similar to On-The-Go playlists the iPod has. I strongly recommend download it. IT made my pre+ music experience 10X better.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    The problem I am having is I downloaded an album through Amazon directly to my phone. I got tired of having to search for the album in Music remix to listen to it so I wanted to created a playlist in doubletwist (thanks to the above post but already use both). When I created the playlist in DT with the album name it does not register as a playlist in music remix, rather, it doubles the amount of songs in the album in music remix. There is really no way to create a playlist going in from UBS connection?
    Search my "Music Player (Remix)" thread (found in the Hedami developer forum...link in my signature) for "M3U". You'll find step-by-step instructions on how to create a playlist that webOS will be able to detect.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Search my "Music Player (Remix)" thread (found in the Hedami developer forum...link in my signature) for "M3U". You'll find step-by-step instructions on how to create a playlist that webOS will be able to detect.
    I can't find it, any chance you can just quickly tell me? thanks!
    I looked at Media Monkey and Doubletwist both and didn't like either of them. Then I tried Salling Media Sync (Salling Software - Home) which is what I use. It pulls in your existing Playlists. Note, any editing, moving, setting of playlists, etc. needs to be done beforehand in iTunes. The basic software is free. I went ahead and bought the upgraded version for $20.00. Following is one write up.

Palm Pre, Droid an' Droid Must-Download Apps 2Day: Salling Media Sync for iTunes - WIRELESS AND MOBILE NEWS
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post
    I looked at Media Monkey and Doubletwist both and didn't like either of them. Then I tried Salling Media Sync (Salling Software - Home) which is what I use. It pulls in your existing Playlists. Note, any editing, moving, setting of playlists, etc. needs to be done beforehand in iTunes. The basic software is free. I went ahead and bought the upgraded version for $20.00. Following is one write up.

Palm Pre, Droid an' Droid Must-Download Apps 2Day: Salling Media Sync for iTunes - WIRELESS AND MOBILE NEWS
    So if you make an edit in your itunes library (add a song to a playlist), that will sync with Salling?
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    I can't find it, any chance you can just quickly tell me? thanks!
    Here's the tutorial that was posted in the Music Player (Remix) thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post1921204
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    So if you make an edit in your itunes library (add a song to a playlist), that will sync with Salling?
    Yes. That's why I purchased the software rather than simply using the free version. Free reloads everything every time and that's a loooooong process. With the purchased version, Salling recognizes any changes you've made and launches and will give you a screen to "sync". I've added and deleted (or deselected) and the software recognizes when you have changes (or not). The purchased version then only syncs the changes.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

This was before I loaded Music (Remix).

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qwiklight View Post
    Yes. That's why I purchased the software rather than simply using the free version. Free reloads everything every time and that's a loooooong process. With the purchased version, Salling recognizes any changes you've made and launches and will give you a screen to "sync". I've added and deleted (or deselected) and the software recognizes when you have changes (or not). The purchased version then only syncs the changes.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

This was before I loaded Music (Remix).

I downloaded the free version of this app and for some reason it does not recognize every one of my playlists, do you know why this is?
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Here's the tutorial that was posted in the Music Player (Remix) thread: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...ml#post1921204
    Thanks but I couldn't get this to work using mp3 files. The items would not drag over, am I doing something wrong here?
    Thanks but I couldn't get this to work using mp3 files. The items would not drag over, am I doing something wrong here?
    If you follow those instructions step-by-step, it'll work. I've tried it with MP3 files and they work.

Which step, in the post I linked to from the Music Player (Remix) thread, did you have problems with?
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    If you follow those instructions step-by-step, it'll work. I've tried it with MP3 files and they work.

Which step, in the post I linked to from the Music Player (Remix) thread, did you have problems with?
    5) Drag all of your songs from MyStuff into the playlist area of wmplayer.

It won't copy over. My cursor has the circle with a line through it. How do I check the version number of wm player?
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    5) Drag all of your songs from MyStuff into the playlist area of wmplayer.

It won't copy over. My cursor has the circle with a line through it. How do I check the version number of wm player?
    Alright, I got it to work, but my problem is that I need the playlist to be in the original order of the folder from where I am dragging it. I like my playlist to be n the order of the most recently downloaded song at the very top. When I copy the playlist from itunes into my stuff it retains the order I want, but when I put it into wm player it resorts it.
    I like J River Media Jukebox (Media Jukebox: Free J. River Media Jukebox software) the free version.

When you plug your Pre in Media Sync mode, it recognizes it as an iPod. Thus, it stores the songs as an ipod (you can't access them directly in USB mode). But the benefit is your Media Jukebox playlists (user made & smart playlists) sync to the pre and can be accessed by the pre music player. Also, after I tag album art in mediamonkey, they show up in Media Jukebox and the Pre.

Check it out! Highly recommend it.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I like J River Media Jukebox (Media Jukebox: Free J. River Media Jukebox software) the free version.

When you plug your Pre in Media Sync mode, it recognizes it as an iPod. Thus, it stores the songs as an ipod (you can't access them directly in USB mode). But the benefit is your Media Jukebox playlists (user made & smart playlists) sync to the pre and can be accessed by the pre music player. Also, after I tag album art in mediamonkey, they show up in Media Jukebox and the Pre.

Check it out! Highly recommend it.
    I downloaded this and added the playlists I want but when I sync, the songs come over but not the playlists. This is so strange, do you know why?
    I downloaded this and added the playlists I want but when I sync, the songs come over but not the playlists. This is so strange, do you know why?
    This happened to me once. First, make sure you are in media sync mode. Check that it recognizes it as an iPod. Delete all your songs on the pre thru the media jukebox and then resync. if this doesn't do it, while in media sync mode...open the folder via your My Computer and delete the iTunes folder on the Pre. Then open media jukebox and set up your pre as ipod when it asks you to. I think these are the steps to take. I just remember I played around and finally got it.

Sounds like a lot of work, but IMO, media jukebox is the best. So worth it. I don't like DoubleTwist because it doesn't always bring over album art and i'm OCD like that. And I need my smart playlists that I can't do with DT but can do in media jukebox.
    ***I Twitter***

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    This happened to me once. First, make sure you are in media sync mode. Check that it recognizes it as an iPod. Delete all your songs on the pre thru the media jukebox and then resync. if this doesn't do it, while in media sync mode...open the folder via your My Computer and delete the iTunes folder on the Pre. Then open media jukebox and set up your pre as ipod when it asks you to. I think these are the steps to take. I just remember I played around and finally got it.

Sounds like a lot of work, but IMO, media jukebox is the best. So worth it. I don't like DoubleTwist because it doesn't always bring over album art and i'm OCD like that. And I need my smart playlists that I can't do with DT but can do in media jukebox.
    Thanks, when setting up as an ipod it says it needs to initialize it and it will erase all the data as it formats. Is this safe to do?
    Thanks, when setting up as an ipod it says it needs to initialize it and it will erase all the data as it formats. Is this safe to do?
    I'm pretty sure it only makes a new iTunes folder where it makes it look like an iPod.
    ***I Twitter***