Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
    Except it was supposed to come before the end of last month.
    Really?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    you all amuse me
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Remember the forum adage...

POIDH (Pics Or It Didn't Happen)

I crap on POIDH.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    I crap on POIDH.
    Didn't you do one better and post video?
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Why is my os still version 1.4.1.1?
    People chomping at the bit for 1.4.5 need to relax!

All the feeds for Preware aren't even ready for it.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    I've been following this for the past few weeks, and must have read and remembered some things that others just haven't.

The latest on Verizon is 1.4.1.1. The AT&T release was 1.4.2, and may very well have been nothing but a branding issue, with any changes being so minor, they don't matter.

1.4.5 has been released to the cell phone carriers for approval, meaning it was considered DONE, but the cell phone carriers had to sign off on the version update.

One carrier put a hold on it due to a bug, and AT&T is just holding it because AT&T is being stupid and being fixated on the damned iPhone 4 launch.

Considering that Palm does the code, but the individual carriers have to approve of the updates before releasing them, it is pretty obvious that it isn't up to Palm when it comes to "why is my version still at...." types of things.

A big factor does come from the "special" features that each carrier will provide or block, like tethering, navigation, or something else. Basically, they are all selfish and care only about making sure the features they promise work as intended.
    My phone just updated to iOS4, and now I don't have any multi-tasking. *** is happening?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    My phone just updated to iOS4, and now I don't have any multi-tasking. *** is happening?!?!?
    They lied to you...

I thought that 1.4.5 would have been out already. Was it not said that it was released to carriers weeks ago?
    hah. really thought 1.4.5 was out now. i JUST rushed to my updates app like a ninja and refreshed to see my phone was STILL up to date =_=
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post

A big factor does come from the "special" features that each carrier will provide or block, like tethering, navigation, or something else. Basically, they are all selfish and care only about making sure the features they promise work as intended.
    Exactly how is it being selfish to make sure "the features they promise work as intended"? Wouldn't you scream if your carrier delivered an update that DIDN'T work?
    You ****.

All I saw was. "Phone just updated to 1.4.5 ..." in most recent post for the forum.
    LOL
    I just updated my phone and it turned in to rumble from the transformers, then soundwave crashed through the wall at my job and stole my pre/new transformer. :-( Damn Decepticons.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    except verizon and gps :^(
    Quote Originally Posted by homerlanza View Post
    I just updated my phone and it turned in to rumble from the transformers, then soundwave crashed through the wall at my job and stole my pre/new transformer. :-( Damn Decepticons.
    +1
    Oh my god, my phone just didn't update. I have to reboot now so it doesn't look act or show any different version numbers... I'll be right back.

Oh wait, I was just being dumb to see how many people would believe me.

Thread renamed to "I'm funny, watch this".

HUMOR, GOTTA LOVE IT.
    Last edited by demetry14; 06/25/2010 at 09:31 PM.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12