1.    #1  
    Ok I have 4 pres in my house, I set my phone up with freetether and freetether daemon and it works, but i went to set up the other 3 and none of them work on my pc, nat is on ip forwarding is on and what I noticed when i hit the usb icon on my pre is the usb info I have says an ip address and on the others it just says null. Any ideas?
    Dumb question, but are you sure you ran "usbnet enable" on the other 3 Pre's?

I assume you are tethering via USB.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Dumb question, but are you sure you ran "usbnet enable" on the other 3 Pre's?

I assume you are tethering via USB.
    Not such a dumb question considering I have no idea how to do that? and yes usb.
    Well, isn't that how you setup your first Pre to tether via USB? That is what I did.

Here are some instructions from webOS Internals guys and gals: USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Well, isn't that how you setup your first Pre to tether via USB? That is what I did.

Here are some instructions from webOS Internals guys and gals: USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals
    none of that worked, I plugged in my pre and followed those instructions, then even mine wouldnt get internet. I plugged in each of the others and they wouldnt even bring up that network connection icon that mine did.
  6.    #6  
    ok plugged mine in and went to hardware under device man. found the linux/usb ethernet/rndis gadget there. Unplugged mine plugged each one of those in and none of the recognized as that gadget. They all have the same software on them.

Ok now I think I got it fixed, the only difference between mine and the other three was at one time I had mytether installed but took it off, so I installed mytether on them and now they work but mine is working without mytether installed? very wierd.

There has to be a file installed with mytether that is not removed when you uninstall it for this to be happening.

My working combo is freetether, freetether daemon and mytether ( or atleast some misc file left over from mytether)
    Last edited by switchedgear; 06/24/2010 at 09:40 PM.