1.    #1  
    How can I force my severely dead Palm Pre battery to just stay in "Off" mode and just charge the battery without trying to power back up all by itself?

Here is what happens:
    1. Plug dead phone into Palm wall charger
    2. Get "lightning bolt-battery icon w/red bar at bottom=charging battery, right??
    3. After battery gets to about 2 or 3% charge, the phone automatically boots up, and the battery stops charging.
    4. Battery eventually dies, phone shuts off, and the cycle repeats itself over and over!

Now, I know what you are going to say, "It should charge even though it is booted up!" Right? That is my problem. I don't have an external charger, I borked my phone's modem settings up to the point that is stays in "Offline" mode, and won't charge the battery!!

I have made sure USB pass-thru is disabled, then disabled developer mode and rebooted. It still charges to about 3% and then automatically boots the phone on, where charging stops, battery drains down, phoned shuts down...getting the vicious cycle I am stuck in?

I want the stupid thing to just sit there in "OFF" mode, charge the battery back all the way, and let ME decide when to boot up again. Hopefully I can get a fully charged battery this way and then I can WebOSDr. it back to healthy condition and get it back to charging while booted up. Grrrr.......
    Palm Pre
    Modded by myself to run on Cricket
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    once your phone powers back on can you not go in and "shut down" your phone and then charge it?
    We are stronger than we think we are. We have courage that we do not recognize until we need it. We are equal to challenges that we haven't even imagined yet.
    Are you positive you have a good battery?
    Yeah, it sounds like your battery might be toast.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Are you positive you have a good battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    Yeah, it sounds like your battery might be toast.
    Yeah, I've come to the same conclusion! Gonna get a new battery and see what happens. I did do a normal shutdown last time it came up and once again, as it started charging back up it rebooted.

Maybe I will get a new battery, or maybe I will spend the money on just getting a different phone with Sprint, I don't know yet. Gotta wait till payday on the 1st either way darn it!
    Palm Pre
    Modded by myself to run on Cricket
    Quote Originally Posted by jklong03 View Post
    Yeah, I've come to the same conclusion! Gonna get a new battery and see what happens. I did do a normal shutdown last time it came up and once again, as it started charging back up it rebooted.

Maybe I will get a new battery, or maybe I will spend the money on just getting a different phone with Sprint, I don't know yet. Gotta wait till payday on the 1st either way darn it!
    If your phone is less than a year old, you don't have to buy a new one. Just call Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    All in box accessories (including the battery) come with the same warranty as the phone. Which is typically a limited 1 year hardware warranty.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    if its less than a year old just ask for a replacment
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Yup. I just got my USB cord and my battery replaced by Palm today. I'll in touch with them in a coulpe of weeks for a new wall adapter too. and then a new phone later. Just trying to get my money's worth.