1.    #1  
    I loved gDial. Sad to see that not around. When I try to make a call with the google mobile web page from the palm pre, all it seems to do is bring up the Pre Dial pad. It does not even put the right number in the dial pad settings. Should My phone ring like it does when I do the same thing from another web browner (not the phone browser).
    I experienced this same thing just a little while ago-- it was the first time I have tried to call out using GV since getting my Pre Plus a couple of weeks ago.

The number I got in my dialer was nothing like the number I was trying to call; feeling adventurous, I clicked "send" anyway and lo and behold it called the contact I wanted!

Weird for sure, and like you I expected GV to ring the Pre first, then connect me but the web dialer works and I guess the digits passed along to the dialer are some type of one-time use call that connects me to the contact I was dialing or something.

What I haven't tried yet is redialing that mystery number again hours later to see if it still connects to that same contact. Will probably try that tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    A similar thing will happen when someone sends an SMS to your GV number and it get forwarded to you. the SMS comes in on a unique phone number. You can reply to that SMS number and it will go to the person who sent it as from GV. I have saved these numbers in my Contacts as additional numbers for the Contacts they refer to and can dial the number to call through GV, or send SMS.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I still use Gdial pro, just not using the web based dial anymore.

It connects to my GV voicemail first and and then dials the number. I get a mssg saying "This is a free call"...and then connects me to dest.

Not the idle situation, but it still works fine for me, better than using the web page.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSCSJSCS View Post
    I loved gDial. Sad to see that not around. When I try to make a call with the google mobile web page from the palm pre, all it seems to do is bring up the Pre Dial pad. It does not even put the right number in the dial pad settings. Should My phone ring like it does when I do the same thing from another web browner (not the phone browser).
    Try out p2googlevoice in preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by nefnet13 View Post
    I experienced this same thing just a little while ago-- it was the first time I have tried to call out using GV since getting my Pre Plus a couple of weeks ago.

The number I got in my dialer was nothing like the number I was trying to call; feeling adventurous, I clicked "send" anyway and lo and behold it called the contact I wanted!

Weird for sure, and like you I expected GV to ring the Pre first, then connect me but the web dialer works and I guess the digits passed along to the dialer are some type of one-time use call that connects me to the contact I was dialing or something.

What I haven't tried yet is redialing that mystery number again hours later to see if it still connects to that same contact. Will probably try that tomorrow.

If you dialed the person's number, they would see your cell number as the caller ID. But, since you are calling via your Google Voice number, you have to call Google Voice which will connect you to the person using your Google Voice number.