Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Any idea why my events from FB would be off 2 hours on my phone's calendar???
    Try resyncing the profile

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Try resyncing the profile
    Tried your suggestion and had no luck.
    Let me take a guess. Are you in the Central time zone? Your Facebook event time only seems to sync properly if you live in the Pacific time zone. Since I live in the Eastern time zone, my events are off by three hours. It's an annoying bug that still hasn't been addressed after all this time. The funny thing is, if I remember correctly, the time synced properly around launch. After an update or two, this bugged arrived.
    I never knew Facebook had a calender so I never really noticed or looked into this. I wouldn't doubt it if it was a timezone problem though.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Viper View Post
    Let me take a guess. Are you in the Central time zone? Your Facebook event time only seems to sync properly if you live in the Pacific time zone. Since I live in the Eastern time zone, my events are off by three hours. It's an annoying bug that still hasn't been addressed after all this time. The funny thing is, if I remember correctly, the time synced properly around launch. After an update or two, this bugged arrived.
    YES! I'm in the Central timezone! Yes it is annoying! Seems strange that it doesn't sync correctly. If the time is set on FB, it seems real easy for the phone to pick that up, but what do I know?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I never knew Facebook had a calender so I never really noticed or looked into this. I wouldn't doubt it if it was a timezone problem though.
    It's not really a calender, just Events that save to your account. You can't view a calender, only your Events. (to my best knowledge anyways)
    I thought somebody or someone mentioned a fix for this the other day (I could just be crazy though too)..... might have been in the ubercalendar thread. About adjusting something to make it reflect properly. Sorry I can't give more specific info, and I didn't worry too much about it since I am on west coast and don't really use the FB events much anyways.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 06/24/2010 at 04:22 PM.
    This may be it or it may not..... But I am thinking if you are syncing your pre calendar with gmail already, sync your fb calendar with gmail, when the events automagically populate from gmail they should reflect the correct time. It's a workaround for sure, but if you already use the google calendar its only a couple extra steps.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Yea i have gmail synced too. might hav to go that route for now.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    From Palm: Unfortunately, Facebook's Calendar does not presently support timezones and all events are displayed relative to PST.
    Ahh, good thing I did a search before asking.
    You are however lucky since your times are only off by 2-3 hours. Mine are off by 9 hours
    Oh well. I'll see about synching FB to google then.