Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  

I just got my Unlocked AT&T US activated and I thought Hotspot was a native app that comes installed in Pre and that could be used or not depending the provider. But it is not true, isn't it?
    So just to confirm there is no Hotspot App that I can download and install from Palm Apps Catalog? I do not want to install anything out from catalog, at least for now..., first 20h with my Pre...
    nope ya have to hack it.. it is real simple. if i can do it anyone can
    Use WebOS Quick Install to "hack" it onto the phone. I think it's one of the few not-so-nice things this community does although I use the Hotspot (on my Sprint Pre).

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...print-pre.html

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Those links are broken. I don't know if they're Sprint specific but I have them on my hard drive. I can email them to you if you pm me your email address.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you but I'm not prepared to do this in my first day with this phone. Also I'm not sure if even I will need this.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    You need it. You want it. You just haven't admitted to it yet!
  7.    #7  
    Non-Homebrewed Pres SUCK ***. All you do is install a program onto your computer and then add a program to your phone from it. From there you just choose whatever patches you want to your phone and call it a day. All the interfaces are straightforward and nicely polished.
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    Thank you but I'm not prepared to do this in my first day with this phone. Also I'm not sure if even I will need this.
    you will need it, also I was reluctant to do homebrew apps at first but they are all very well done and very few problems. There is a wealth of support knowledge here and experienced people to help with any issues you have. This is the most proffesional phone site I have been on, so cmon and join the fun!
    I had my Sprint Pre for 6 months before I jumped into Homebrews and Patches! It's a whole new world! I have no regrets and I love my Pre even more. Take the plunge..it's well worth it
    I have the .ipk's on my computer as well so when you're ready to do it just send me a pm with your email. its really easy and hard to mess up!
  12.    #12  
    Okay, thinking...
    What is ipk?
    Its the package that contains the patch.
    Mobile hotspot is a Verizon only application so it only shows in the app catalog on verizon phones. Use elsewhere is a copyright violation. Mods could probably shut this thread off.
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Non-Homebrewed Pres SUCK ***.
    Personal opinion. But I would have to think not entirely true..I haven't installed any homebrew related things on my Pre and I am quite pleased with it on a daily basis.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Mytether & Mobile Hotspot are two different apps.

OK, they don't suck that bad, but a Homebrewed Pre really is on a whole different echelon.
    I had my pre all of about 30 mins, before I had patches, preware, and mobile hotspot installed on my Sprint Pre.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Non-Homebrewed Pres SUCK ***. All you do is install a program onto your computer and then add a program to your phone from it. From there you just choose whatever patches you want to your phone and call it a day. All the interfaces are straightforward and nicely polished.
    Quote Originally Posted by switchedgear View Post
    you will need it, also I was reluctant to do homebrew apps at first but they are all very well done and very few problems. There is a wealth of support knowledge here and experienced people to help with any issues you have. This is the most proffesional phone site I have been on, so cmon and join the fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by harpua19 View Post
    I had my Sprint Pre for 6 months before I jumped into Homebrews and Patches! It's a whole new world! I have no regrets and I love my Pre even more. Take the plunge..it's well worth it
    Quote Originally Posted by magistus View Post
    I had my pre all of about 30 mins, before I had patches, preware, and mobile hotspot installed on my Sprint Pre.
    Now that I decided to do it I'm frustrated... Waiting for help now for 24 hours in others threads... I'm not going to link them because I had already got an advise it is forbiden by staff but start to think that for many o f us it is not so easy or simple ...
    What's wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    Now that I decided to do it I'm frustrated... Waiting for help now for 24 hours in others threads... I'm not going to link them because I had already got an advise it is forbiden by staff but start to think that for many o f us it is not so easy or simple ...
    Sorry to hear you are frustrated. MyTether isn't free but it does work and isn't a violation of any copyright laws that I am aware of. You can find it at My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router! and a $15 donation gets you access to the donor forums and the download.

It has paid for itself for me many times over and the install is easy. Install Palm SDK (that installs the Novacom driver), connect Pre to computer in "just charge" mode and run the .exe file from your computer.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast