Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Well, my friend, you've got me. I don't know why you don't show a USB icon in the lower right of your screen when you're charging. There may be a residual patch or something that's blocking access, but I don't know what it could be. My only recommendation here would be to connect to your XP machine, force USB, and doctor your phone. You will not lose any data and should be set back to factory conditions. From there I can go step by step with you to get your phone up to speed. You will be amazed at what you can do to personalize your phone, and I know you want Mobile Hotspot on your phone, so pm me if you want to give it a go. Otherwise, just keep at it and I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually.
    And get rid of Vista. It's ****e. Good luck!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Well, my friend, you've got me. I don't know why you don't show a USB icon in the lower right of your screen when you're charging. There may be a residual patch or something that's blocking access, but I don't know what it could be. My only recommendation here would be to connect to your XP machine, force USB, and doctor your phone. You will not lose any data and should be set back to factory conditions. From there I can go step by step with you to get your phone up to speed. You will be amazed at what you can do to personalize your phone, and I know you want Mobile Hotspot on your phone, so pm me if you want to give it a go. Otherwise, just keep at it and I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually.
    And get rid of Vista. It's ****e. Good luck!
    Hi morrison0880,
    another day... perhaps...
    I downloaded and ¨prepared¨ WOQI in my Ubuntu 10.04 Dell Mini 9.
    Again the same problem no USB option when connecting my Pre.
    Just a ¨simple¨ question: is there anything like that drive that I was trying to install in VISTA to try here in Ubuntu? Orange+Sym+U does not work here as I had already tried before. (now that I discovered that my carrier 3G is not compatible with my Pre I need to install some homebrew... )
  3.    #83  
    YES! Preware installed after 2 weeks trying to do it... I would like to say thanks to all of you that so patiently answer my questions. (Yes, I press the Thanks button too...). I think I will have to copy and paste this to my open questions so please do not consider it as a spam... It is only to save your time about this subject. BTW the problem was to bypass the USB setup (#*8727277# and google password)! Now entering the Homebrew world...
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    You mean you had DIAG mode enabled?

If so, someone probably didn't read the unlock instructions very closely and forgot to disable it after unlocking the phone? If you unlocked your phone, you wasted a couple of minutes for quite a few of us with your panicky posts and threads.

morrison0880's advice here would have solved your problems:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2554437
    So sorry! Thank you!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345