Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ok, I would suggest doing a full reset of your device. Open your device Information app, scroll to the bottom and hit Reset Options. Then hit full erase. After you do this and get your phone back, connect to your machine running XP and let me know what you see. If you get a prompt to Add Hardware, we can walk you through the process.
    I don't know why you are having these problems, but I can say that I've never run into an issue when connected to a computer running XP, but I have heard of many people who have issues with Vista. If you don't mind, we can work with the XP machine to get you up and running.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    I tried all manner of methods and hacks suggested here and none of them worked. I have the cord and everything works otherwise. The hotspot appears, the computer appears to connect, but no internet access from the netbook. I don't think mobile hotspot works on an AT&T pixi.
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Ok, I would suggest doing a full reset of your device. Open your device Information app, scroll to the bottom and hit Reset Options. Then hit full erase. After you do this and get your phone back, connect to your machine running XP and let me know what you see. If you get a prompt to Add Hardware, we can walk you through the process.
    I don't know why you are having these problems, but I can say that I've never run into an issue when connected to a computer running XP, but I have heard of many people who have issues with Vista. If you don't mind, we can work with the XP machine to get you up and running.
    Hummm thanks Morrison0880 but I think I will gave up... You see it was very very difficult for me to buy a no contract, activate in US, ship internationaly, unlocked the phone... Now I'm happy with it for 2 weeks and I'm not confortable with any reset option.
    Quote Originally Posted by adampre1 View Post
    I tried all manner of methods and hacks suggested here and none of them worked. I have the cord and everything works otherwise. The hotspot appears, the computer appears to connect, but no internet access from the netbook. I don't think mobile hotspot works on an AT&T pixi.
    Did you wait 15-60 seconds after connecting your netbook? Your phones data connection should drop and then restore itself.
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/14/2010 at 11:26 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Pardon the ignorance, but I am a bit confused. Considering that 'Mobile Hotspot' is one of the highly touted features of the AT&T Palm Pre +, how would one use the feature unless there is an app either azlready on the phone or downloadable from the app store? How would someone who bought the phone from AT&T and is on their network use this feature?
    It's part of the AT&T firmware right? (somebody confirm)
    I have an AT&T Palm Pre+ but for the life of me I cannot find anything on the phone. I presume there ought to be an app (icon) for this. Isn't there anyone here who has the AT&T phone is using the 'Mobile Hotspot' on AT&T?
    Did you check the App Catalog for it?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Did you check the App Catalog for it?
    Yes, I checked the 'App Catalog' and found nothing. Atleast not anything under 'Mobile Hotspot'.
    Mobile Hotspot is not a default app for other networks as it is only for verizon phones, thats why there is a hack so that you can have the hotspot on your phones even if theyre not verizon phones
    Quote Originally Posted by dameweg View Post
    Mobile Hotspot is not a default app for other networks as it is only for verizon phones, thats why there is a hack so that you can have the hotspot on your phones even if theyre not verizon phones
    Well there you have it. It's standard on Verizon.
    I knew it was carrier exclusivity nonsense. Thanks dameweg for clearing that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    Hummm thanks Morrison0880 but I think I will gave up... You see it was very very difficult for me to buy a no contract, activate in US, ship internationaly, unlocked the phone... Now I'm happy with it for 2 weeks and I'm not confortable with any reset option.
    I'm sorry you're having problems. I've had nothing but issues when working with machines using Vista. They don't seem to like my pre.
    One quick question, when you connect your phone to your computer running XP, do you see the USB icon in the lower right corner while it is charging? Also, when you plug it in do you get prompted to Add New Hardware? This is for the XP machine only.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

11.    #71  
    I'm sorry you're having problems. I've had nothing but issues when working with machines using Vista. They don't seem to like my pre.
    One quick question, when you connect your phone to your computer running XP, do you see the USB icon in the lower right corner while it is charging? Also, when you plug it in do you get prompted to Add New Hardware? This is for the XP machine only.
    Hi, no no USB icon.
    (and after I post I had a problem with my phone connection! it's in another post; not sure if it is related to my server... they said could be an 3G incompatibility .... it was working while I didn't have 3G..., only EDGE).

BTW while I was trying to fix this USB problem and phone problem I discovered this QUICK TEST in my device information page and I run it and got this error:
    Code: 20 Hardware Area: Modem
    could this be the cause of my USB problem or it exists only because it is unlocked?
    Quote Originally Posted by dameweg View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up. Could have sworn this was one of the features highlighted by AT&T. I guess must have just confused it with the Verizon launch. Don't yolou just hate all this carrier exclusivety business. Why should the same phone have different features just based on who you buy it from?
    You can easily load the MHS software on the AT&T Pre. Just seach the forum and there are instructions.

You need to wait a few minutes for for it to connect.. and don't have BT on.
    Hi, no no USB icon.
    (and after I post I had a problem with my phone connection! it's in another post; not sure if it is related to my server... they said could be an 3G incompatibility .... it was working while I didn't have 3G..., only EDGE).

BTW while I was trying to fix this USB problem and phone problem I discovered this QUICK TEST in my device information page and I run it and got this error:
    Code: 20 Hardware Area: Modem
    could this be the cause of my USB problem or it exists only because it is unlocked?
    That may be part of the issue, although that really should have nothing to do with plugging your phone into your comp and choosing USB mode. I've got to say I'm stumped.
    While connected to your computer, try pressing the ORG+SYM+U at the same time to enter USB Mode and let me know if that works.

15.    #75  
    While connected to your computer, try pressing the ORG+SYM+U at the same time to enter USB Mode and let me know if that works.
    I had already tried that and tried again: nothing happens.
    Out of curiosity, which version of webOS are you running? Have you checked for an update?

17.    #77  
    Out of curiosity, which version of webOS are you running? Have you checked for an update?
    morrison0880, thank you but do not worry anymore. I will gave up of homebrew, preware, etc... At least for a while. Thanks.
    morrison0880, thank you but do not worry anymore. I will gave up of homebrew, preware, etc... At least for a while. Thanks.
    Sorry I couldn't be of much help. Although unless I'm mistaken, That's not the version you are running. We're still waiting for the 1.4.5 update. Try checking for an update and see what happens.

19.    #79  
    Okay sorry. I thought you asked about webos quick install.
    My webOs versio is 1.4.2
    i thinks there might be some misunderstanding regarding Verizon mobile hotspot and ATT hotspot..

Verizon Mobile Hotspot is an exclusive app for verizon webOS units that will enable you to use your phone as a mobile hotspot and connect up to 5 devices to it...

while

ATT Hotspot is a feature for ATT webOS phones wherein if you use Wifi, it will automatically connect you to the ATT hotspot in your area (provided there is att hotspot).
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast