Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Let me just ask one more question -- this is a BRAND new Pre and not a refurb right?

The reason I ask is that some people have gotten refurbs that still have vestiges of patches that previous owners have put on them. There is a patch (that I use) that stops the prompting for "Charge Only". If the new cable does not work, I suppose it is possible this may be the case for you too.
    With that patch, the battery icon would still display a lightning bolt, correct?
  3.    #43  
    Mikey47,
    this is a Brand new ( I think at least; bought in Amazon) AT&T no contract, US activated, Unlocked after.
    About the cable one thing that I cannot understand is that if it is dammaged why all PCs that I plug it, they installed "drives" and say (Windows VISTA) it is ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    With that patch, the battery icon would still display a lightning bolt, correct?
    It does.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    Mikey47,
    this is a Brand new ( I think at least; bought in Amazon) AT&T no contract, US activated, Unlocked after.
    About the cable one thing that I cannot understand is that if it is dammaged why all PCs that I plug it, they installed "drives" and say (Windows VISTA) it is ok?
    Are you running Vista on all your machines?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

6.    #46  
    Yes Vista in all but also tried in my Mini Dell 9 Ubuntu and nothing happens too.
    Pardon the ignorance, but I am a bit confused. Considering that 'Mobile Hotspot' is one of the highly touted features of the AT&T Palm Pre +, how would one use the feature unless there is an app either azlready on the phone or downloadable from the app store? How would someone who bought the phone from AT&T and is on their network use this feature?
    So to confirm, when you connect to your computer, the comp tells you that the drivers were installed successfully, but you do not see on the pre's screen options to enter USB mode or to charge only. Do you see a lightning bolt by the battery icon in the upper right indicating that the pre is charging?

9.    #49  
    BTW I just plug it in one of my work PCs that run WIndows xp and also nothing happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Pardon the ignorance, but I am a bit confused. Considering that 'Mobile Hotspot' is one of the highly touted features of the AT&T Palm Pre +, how would one use the feature unless there is an app either azlready on the phone or downloadable from the app store? How would someone who bought the phone from AT&T and is on their network use this feature?
    It's part of the AT&T firmware right? (somebody confirm)
    It's very easy to set up for those who don't have it (1 min. job)
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    So to confirm, when you connect to your computer, the comp tells you that the drivers were installed successfully, but you do not see on the pre's screen options to enter USB mode or to charge only.
    Yes.
    Do you see a lightning bolt by the battery icon in the upper right indicating that the pre is charging?
    Yes.
    My brother did have the same problem when he first got his pre and wanted to use homebrew. Try these instructions to install the USBnet driver.
    http://forums.precentral.net/1791515-post1460.html

13.    #53  
    Ok thanks, I will try it. Now I have to be out for about 6 hours... thanks !
    FYI, you can ignore the steps below Step 6, as they won't apply unless you are trying to optimized USB tethering with MyTether. You won't need them.

Whoa, how the heck did that double post? Sorry, ignore...
    Hey Easy install. It's my second time putting it on my phone after a major phone rest. Thanks
  17.    #57  
    FYI, you can ignore the steps below Step 6, as they won't apply unless you are trying to optimized USB tethering with MyTether. You won't need them.
    Okay trying to install (or reinstall) the driver usbnet-pre.inf but confused about which hardware should I choose in the list?
    You want to look under Network Adaptors and there should be a RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget. Choose that and then follow the instructions in the Wiki link in the post I gave you.

19.    #59  
    You want to look under Network Adaptors and there should be a RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget. Choose that and then follow the instructions in the Wiki link in the post I gave you.
    Hi,
    no I do not have any RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget. Only NVIDIA.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    Hi,
    no I do not have any RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget. Only NVIDIA.
    He was answering your question from post #57. When trying to install USBnet, and it is asking what type of hardware, look in the list under "network adapters" and select "RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget".

It won't show up in your hardware manager until AFTER it is installed.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast