Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Hi, thanks.
    I installed webos quick install with doctor, ok
    but
    I cannot get the USB connection! Pre in Dev Mod On; tested in 4 different PCs.
    Nothing happens when I USB plug my Pre. so what am I missing?
    Are you using the exact cord that came with your Pre? I'v had some compatibility issues with ones I've found laying around. Try turning DevMode off and then back on again.

Also, you no longer need WOQI to install Preware. Give this a shot.

Index of /
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    Hi, thanks.
    but
    Probably the novacom driver. Before you try anything else, restart your computer and Pre and try again.

If that doesn't work, try re-installing the Novacom driver from the tools menu of WOSQI.
    You'll get there. Just be persistant, the payoff is immense.
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    Also, you no longer need WOQI to install Preware.
    Good info, however he will need WOSQI to insall Mobile Hotspot if that is the way he decides to go.
  6.    #26  
    Well,
    I'm using the cord that came with phone; already turn off and turn on Dev Mod many times; turn off and on PC and also tested in other 3s; Reinstalled Novacom 3 or more times from webos quick install...
    I read something about stop novacomd from windows task and reinstall it again. I tried to do it but windows sistem said I was not allowed to. Also I read some threads about clear cache that I did not understand what exactly to do... Anyway this "Just Charge" option shouldn't appear if I usb my phone to the PC with Dev Mod On?
  7.    #27  
    How can I install Preware withou WOQI?
    Click on the link I posted. You do need WOQI for MHS like Pastorrich has mentioned however.
    You're not IN usb mode, are you? QI doesn't work in USB mode.
  10.    #30  
    Sorry sorry but what is IN usb mode??? I just put Dev Mod On, plug my Pre. Nothing happens.
    Have you ever been presented with the option to use USB Mode or Just Charge?
    Hi, thanks.
    but
    Maybe a dumb interpretation of what you are saying, but do you have the Pre plugged into the USB cord and THEN open WOSQI? Are you getting the "No Device Seen error?"

I'm just wondering if you are expecting to just plug your Pre into your USB cord connected to your computer and have WOSQI open automatically.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Have you ever been presented with the option to use USB Mode or Just Charge?
    Never. This is one question I put with no answer until now. When should I receive that or how?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Maybe a dumb interpretation of what you are saying, but do you have the Pre plugged into the USB cord and THEN open WOSQI? Are you getting the "No Device Seen error?"

I'm just wondering if you are expecting to just plug your Pre into your USB cord connected to your computer and have WOSQI open automatically.
    This is other question I had already asked for. What is the order? Connect and then run WOSQI or run WOSQI and connect it? Also I tried to manage device from WOSQI and then there is a instruction to plug and click ok. So I did and then it says no device found. Thanks.
    Never. This is one question I put with no answer until now. When should I receive that or how?

This is other question I had already asked for. What is the order? Connect and then run WOSQI or run WOSQI and connect it? Also I tried to manage device from WOSQI and then there is a instruction to plug and click ok. So I did and then it says no device found. Thanks.

The correct order (with everything installed correctly) is:

1) Plug USB cable into computer.
    2) Plug Pre into USB cable.
    3) Select "Charge Only" on Pre when it is recognized by the computer (it IS recongnized by the computer right?).
    4) Open WOSQI

WOSQI should open to the main screen and not give you any errors. If you get the "No Device Found" error, then we are back to troubleshooting that problem.
    Whether in Dev Mode or not, you should be asked if you want to charge or go into USB mode, so there might be a problem with your USB CORD.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    3) Select "Charge Only" on Pre when it is recognized by the computer (it IS recongnized by the computer right?).
    No. As I said nothing happens or shown in my Pre. In my PC sometimes Vista says drivers installing / installed / ok to be used.
    Really though, he sounds like he should be starting here with other new pre owners and homebrew novices, no? Help him help himself a bit.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ted-guide.html
    Then he will be able to know exactly how to get Mobile Hotspot via...
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...print-pre.html
    The links have been fixed so he will be good to go.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  18.    #38  
    Hi morrison0880,
    thanks but you see I've been reading this forum for a long time since I have my Treo650 and for me I think I have a very specific problem that I could not understand what's wrong and I did not find an answer by myself. Sorry. Question: Why I cannot have the option "Charge Only" or whatever ! Yes, I'm a Pre newbie reading a lot... trying to Homebrew... guess almost there...
    Hi morrison0880,
    thanks but you see I've been reading this forum for a long time since I have my Treo650 and for me I think I have a very specific problem that I could not understand what's wrong and I did not find an answer by myself. Sorry. Question: Why I cannot have the option "Charge Only" or whatever ! Yes, I'm a Pre newbie reading a lot... trying to Homebrew... guess almost there...
    Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but really it's the only way to go. Start from the beginning and work your way through.
    As regards your problem, if you connect your pre to your computer and do not see the option to charge or to enter USB mode displayed on your pre, your usb cord is faulty, as NachoB said. Especially if you've tried it on multiple computers.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  20.    #40  
    Okay, thanks.
    I will try to find and use another usb cord.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast