Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think this must be a new one, because I can't find it anywhere. I can't access Help anymore - either from a Help button in an app, or going to the Help app itself. I get an internet 404 error - page not found. Everything else seems to work fine - phone, internet - and I don't think I'm missing any data - calendar, contacts, bookmarks fine. Just Help. So.....help? Thanks!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Did you install the iphone spoof patch?

This tends to be the number one cause of this issue.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  3.    #3  
    Yes I did. Uninstall?

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Yep and you should get your help back.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  5.    #5  
    do I use WebOSQI or Preware?

6.    #6  
    I uninstalled with Webosqi, Luna restart, no Help. Regular restart, no Help. Is there another patch that causes this problem?

this just happened to me today too... i had the iphone spoof for a few days now and help still worked. just stopped today as far as i noticed..

onlythings i downloaded today was Web Hop and Music Remix.. anyone know what could be going on?
    clear cache and cookies after removing iphone spoof patch? thinking it may have messed up something so I would clear all 3 things in the browser (history shouldn't matter but you never know)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    clear cache and cookies after removing iphone spoof patch? thinking it may have messed up something so I would clear all 3 things in the browser (history shouldn't matter but you never know)
    did this, restarted, no Help

daisys, when did this start to happen for you??? today? if so did you download anything today? i also forgot to add i downloaded preload today as well. so Web Hopper, Music Remix and Preload
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SinsofaSaint View Post
    daisys, when did this start to happen for you??? today? if so did you download anything today? i also forgot to add i downloaded preload today as well. so Web Hopper, Music Remix and Preload
    I first noticed it yesterday, but it could have started earlier. Don't have your programs. Trying to think what I recently downloaded - Dictionary, Launchpoint, some updates to some programs (Fuel, Screencleaner), patches (Additional Contacts label, bookmmarks list button, launcher auto-popup). I've done any number of restarts. I'm afraid of resets because so many people seem to lose stuff. I can live without Help if I have to, but I'd hate to screw anything else up.

I would start by removing any new patches, probably starting with any for the browser. If iphone spoof can cause this, it's possible other browser patches could cause this? Just guessing.
    i dunno, i have done no new patches and i even deleted the stuff i downloaded today just to be sure but nothing seemed to bring the Help app back.

You think the Virtual Keyboard would have anything to do with it? That's the only other thing I was messing with today. I've had it for a few days but today I uninstalled and reinstalled it cause it was acting really slow.
    Are you able to use your web browser to browse as normal? You aren't in an area where you don't have data? I am outta ideas, but just with the combination of the iphone spoof patch and a 404 error, I keep going back to a web or data issue.

Other than that, hopefully someone else has more info about how help actually works.
  15.    #15  
    Everything seems to be working fine - including internet. I'm thinking maybe there's a problem at Palm's end?

I dunno mine is working fine..... over wifi in my building and sprint network. even added the bookmark patch and tried and mine worked. It's weird, but could be a random thing on the Palm end.

Most of us probably don't use help enough to ever realize if it was down for a lil while. Maybe HardBeatz will come back with some more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Everything seems to be working fine - including internet. I'm thinking maybe there's a problem at Palm's end?
    uninstall the adblocker patch if you have it, disconnect from wifi, and try help using your 3g connection
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoled985 View Post
    uninstall the adblocker patch if you have it, disconnect from wifi, and try help using your 3g connection
    Don't have adblocker, disconnected wifi, still no Help.

did the same.. no difference...very strange this issue is... My girl has apre to so I cecked hers and it's working fine... Not sure what could have got messed up.. Maybe I'll do a reset soon if I can't figure it out...
    I have the same issue. I never did the iPhone thing, and I don't have AdBlocker. Like OldSkoolVWLover said, I don't use it much. Sometimes I need to know how to highlight text or any other normal function cause I forget .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast