1.    #1  
    on this fourm I feel like an old guy. I have a launch day pre (well not really that one broke) I had left this fourm for a long time to go learn android. I still have a pre. I returned to this fourm and everything has changed all these new kernals and such it's so confusing! I still have the first 800 mhz kernal, and now that they have kernals in preware! Is any one else like me? Confused by all this new stuff. Does any one still have the first kernal? Any one live with the problems of that kernal like no universal search. I'm sure I'm not the only one
    you should REALLY try the F105 thunderchief kernel. It runs at 1ghz!!!! WOW!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rudyrude432 View Post
    you should REALLY try the F105 thunderchief kernel. It runs at 1ghz!!!! WOW!!!!!
    Ya i can see peoples magic smoke released left and right with that one 800 is pushing it 1000mhz is just asking to fry your Pre i do not recommend it i would use the new uber kernel with govnah its worked real well with the 500/800 screen state...
    The kernals in Preware use the standard safe installation method so you don't have to worry about removing them in the next update etc. Unipyscho's F102, F104, F105 etc use compcache which reduces the TMC (too many cards) error by enabling cache written to nand etc. The new version of unberkernal in the preware testing feed also use comcache fyi... test them out!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    If you feel like being an alpha tester I would recommend the alpha UberKernel and testing govnah. This uses compcache, and additional working of how WebOS handles TMC. This works nicely on a Sprint Pre, even at 500 or 600 mhz.

As others mentioned I would recommend against F105 due to the fact that if you look at the thread there is a GIANT warning across the top from the developer. I know people are using it safely, but it is def a kernel that is pushing the envelope of kernel development (and is also in Alpha testing).
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rudyrude432 View Post
    Best response ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    The kernals in Preware use the standard safe installation method so you don't have to worry about removing them in the next update etc. Unipyscho's F102, F104, F105 etc use compcache which reduces the TMC (too many cards) error by enabling cache written to nand etc. The new version of unberkernal in the preware testing feed also use comcache fyi... test them out!

that quote was very comfortin to me. I also noticed your signature about the webosdoctor with instructions. Nice touch
    I'm plaj on doing a bit more testing with all of the other kernels. Atm I am runnin f105, my buddy recommended it to me and had nothing but good things to say about it. He's running it on a Sprint Palm Pre, where as I; am running it on a Verizon Palm Pre+. At first things didn't make much of a difference from what I noticed,but after messing around with the govnah and overclocking, it all came together; for a bit anyway. It seems to be up and down with my phone. Sometimes everything is smooth and sometimes it hickups even stalls for more than 3 seonds before launching a card on certain apps randomly. I notice a lot of it happens with texting, it got a tad looney quite a few times. But the one issue I had that gave me a scare was with preware. After loading all feed, the main screen was blank for a good 5 seonds +,and on more than one occasion, Luna Restart failed after I clicked it to restart after I updated the VK (Virtual Keyboard) so what I did the first time this happened was opened the preware menu and licked on Luna Manager; followed by clicking Luna Restart, and all that happened was the load icon kept spinning and spinning for over a good 3-5 minutes. It seemed like an eternity. That happened twice. I never had that happen to me before, until the VK update that released became available and since I installed the f105. I'm left scratching my head over here. I haven't seen a cmparison between Sprint and Verizon users when it comes to these kernels and any bugs or issues. Could one or more of my apps or patches have anything to do with what is going on with the phone that I love so much? My buddy and I searched the other day for any threads that might have a list of such apps or patches that may conflict,but our search turned up nothing.

I could use any and all suggestion and tips.

Sincereley,the guy who loves his Pre Plus but now finds himself scratching his head.

p.s. When I am charging and my phone goes to minfrequency (500mhz) It feels more like (250mhz) when I run certain cards from the launcher like, texting, e-mail,browsing, swiping through my launcher, loading etc. *sigh*