Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I just bought my pre last week after lurking on this site.

One thing I don't quite understand the purpose for... what is the purpose of being able to drag the bottom icons up the screen? I'm sure I'm missing an obvious reason but not quite grasping the purpose for this.

Thanks
    if your in middle of using a different application, and you want to qucily open another app, you don't have to minimise the one your uisng, you can just bring up the wave launcher and open the app.
    Abe pretty much said it all but I still feel like it's primary purpose is to "wow" people that have never seen webOS before. Whenever I show that off to someone they always want to take my phone and woosh the wave launcher around. Sometimes it's about the simple things in life
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Abe pretty much said it all but I still feel like it's primary purpose is to "wow" people that have never seen webOS before. Whenever I show that off to someone they always want to take my phone and woosh the wave launcher around. Sometimes it's about the simple things in life
    Yep, that was the very first thing they showed me in the Sprint store last June.
    Also, useful if you want to use the Hide Quick Launch Bar patch.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    What he said!
    Every now and then one of my apps will get stuck on *&^& hidden Quick Launch and I have to remember where and how to unpatch that, move the app icon off of it and the repatch to hide the annoy thing again!
    I think it is the most annoying User Interface Thingy I have ever seen!
    (Well - Vista is actually the worst GUI - But I only had to work on Vista for a few hours and hope to never do so again!!)

I need a patch to lock/unlock the Launch Pages Icons as the above has happened about 10 times so far!!

Quote Originally Posted by dagumcp View Post
    Also, useful if you want to use the Hide Quick Launch Bar patch.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chull View Post
    What he said!
    Every now and then one of my apps will get stuck on *&^& hidden Quick Launch and I have to remember where and how to unpatch that, move the app icon off of it and the repatch to hide the annoy thing again!
    I don't quite understand the problem. Can you describe it a little clearer?
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I tend to enjoy having fun just swiping the cards around. Palm makes that aspect so fun to play with.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chull View Post
    What he said!
    If you're saying you have the patch installed and want to change the quick launch icons first check in the launcher menu to see if there is an option to unhide the bar. If it's not there then you should uninstall the current patch and install either Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Remix or Advanced Configuration for App Launcher, which I use.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"