Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by errade View Post
    I get kicks out of this anticipation period. We KNOW it's coming and we KNOW it'll be announced very soon (both hardware and software). It's the thrill of the chase
    Do we KNOW?
    There is no spoon
    Me neither, I was at the bank today and one of tellers came in with his EVO that was huge.

I'm sure some of it feature come in handy, but I kinda like my keyboad and size of the Pre.

I suspect I'll have problems when HP and Palm comeout with larger units and other style webOS phones. My preference would be webOS 2.0 update giving my Pre another year of service and a tablet PC running webOS and Windows 7 embedded. Sorli...

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    iPhone 4 came out.....Droid X was unveiled....what about webOS? I want something new for my phone. Anyone else feeling left out of the fun?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    All this talk makes me think of what a consumer minded society we are. I mean is having an evo or the nextbigthing gonna REALLY make your life easier or be more functional than the pre? Are our phones already obsolete? Or do we jus think they are cz that's what the ad's, the tech blogs, the journalists, the forums, are feeding us?

/end rant

ok I also wanna see the next webos device lol, but for now I'm content with what I got. For now, no, I don't feel left out.
    Hey, I wanna see the next webOS device alot, but I want them to take their sweet time on it. Like don't half-*** it. And let me use all the apps I have now on it. And import everything. I'm too lazy to do it myself.

It'd be nice to at least see form factor leaks... So we can know what we have to look forward too.
    Quote Originally Posted by alhaqq View Post
    All this talk makes me think of what a consumer minded society we are. I mean is having an evo or the nextbigthing gonna REALLY make your life easier or be more functional than the pre? Are our phones already obsolete? Or do we jus think they are cz that's what the ad's, the tech blogs, the journalists, the forums, are feeding us?

/end rant
    In my opinion, yes.. the Pre is already obsolete.
    but that's just the nature of the smartphone market..

I was a launch day Pre owner....
    I switched to the EVO on June 6th mainly because I wanted the bigger screen, and after using the EVO for the last 3 weeks I realized how limited the Palm Pre is.

a lot of my biggest complaints about the Pre were addressed through all of the updates that we got over the last year.
    but I have some issues with the Pre that I don't think will ever get resolved...

some of them being, (just to name a few......)

animated GIF's don't animate in text messages.
    no barcode scanner.
    no live wallpaper.

the EVO does all of those things and more out of the box!
    for me, the HTC EVO has everything I wanted and more that the Palm Pre could never deliver.

yes, the EVO will be "out dated" by christmas... just as the Pre was last year.
    things are moving so fast and newer better hardware is being released every month!

I heard that they now have a 1.2GHz dual core procesor in the next big smartphone that will be released in the near future!

THANK GOD Sprint lets us upgrade every year! LOL
    I for one am still very much enjoying my Pre. Its constantly with me. Both my PC, and netbook are jealous as I rarely use them anymore.

That being said, I think that as time rolls forward, and new phones keep getting introduced that it sets the bar higher and higher for each device that follows. The question will be whether or not the HPalm people will be able to hit target when they do come out with a device.

I'm sure PALM had something up their sleeves prior to the merger. Hopefully HP's clout will bring the hammer with it to make our next gen WebOS a kick **** player!
    [QUOTE=alhaqq;2523697] ...I mean is having an evo or the nextbigthing gonna REALLY make your life easier or be more functional than the pre?[QUOTE]

This kinda hit a note with me ..... do our phones make or lives easier or more functional?

WOW! I'd love to hear what we all think about this! I for one have always thought from way back when, that my "communicator" would have to do all the things that the Star Trek communicators did (minus beaming in and out), and I guess that seems to be the evolutionary trail that smart phones as such have taken.

Can our all powerful moderators move this to its own Thread??

WOW!
    Last edited by teejay69; 06/25/2010 at 07:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    In my opinion, yes.. the Pre is already obsolete.
    but that's just the nature of the smartphone market..

I was a launch day Pre owner....
    I switched to the EVO on June 6th mainly because I wanted the bigger screen, and after using the EVO for the last 3 weeks I realized how limited the Palm Pre is.

a lot of my biggest complaints about the Pre were addressed through all of the updates that we got over the last year.
    but I have some issues with the Pre that I don't think will ever get resolved...

some of them being, (just to name a few......)

animated GIF's don't animate in text messages.
    no barcode scanner.
    no live wallpaper.

the EVO does all of those things and more out of the box!
    for me, the HTC EVO has everything I wanted and more that the Palm Pre could never deliver.

yes, the EVO will be "out dated" by christmas... just as the Pre was last year.
    things are moving so fast and newer better hardware is being released every month!

I heard that they now have a 1.2GHz dual core procesor in the next big smartphone that will be released in the near future!

THANK GOD Sprint lets us upgrade every year! LOL
    "The things you own, end up owning you"
    Quote Originally Posted by alhaqq View Post
    "The things you own, end up owning you"
    Zing!
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12