1.    #1  
    Sorry for a new thread about this, but I've tried reading through various Uberkernel threads, and all of the Govnah chatter just makes me cross-eyed.

I see that Preware has both an original 1.4.1 kernel and an Uberkernel (though the latter makes no mention of Compache). Do I just need to install the original 1.4.1 Pre Kernel and then the Preware uberkernel? Do I need to run a script again? What should I do?

Thanks, all.
    I'm not sure which kernal you are reffering to by "original", could you be a bit more specific?

If however you had the uber kernal then just uninstall it and then install compcache.

However if you had anything other than the recent generation of kernals then you should uninstall and doctor the pre.

For comcpache see the compcache feed. Remember that you will be an alpha tester if you install it so check what is required of you. You will need to add the testing feed to get compcache.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Sorry for a new thread about this, but I've tried reading through various Uberkernel threads, and all of the Govnah chatter just makes me cross-eyed.

I see that Preware has both an original 1.4.1 kernel and an Uberkernel (though the latter makes no mention of Compache). Do I just need to install the original 1.4.1 Pre Kernel and then the Preware uberkernel? Do I need to run a script again? What should I do?

Thanks, all.
    I concur. The thread about uberkernel doesn't say anything about what changes uberkernel incorporates. I'd like to try it, but I have no idea whether it is using compcache yet.

Rod: Can you edit that thread to have a list of the major specs, like unixpsycho does for his compcache kernels?

To answer your question: always remove and then install. I'm using unixpsycho's F102 kernel. The major features with it are compcache and screen state governor. I still can't bring myself to install 'Govnah". I hate that nod to ghettospeak name.
    : (){:|:&};:
  4.    #4  
    I mean, I installed the 800 mhz thing when it and the 720 first came out, and I typed in a script from the terminal on the WOSQI desktop app. I've never tried any "uberkernel" yet.
  5.    #5  
    This, then, begs the question of what's the best way to remove the old school 800 mhz patch/kernel/whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I concur. The thread about uberkernel doesn't say anything about what changes uberkernel incorporates. I'd like to try it, but I have no idea whether it is using compcache yet.

Rod: Can you edit that thread to have a list of the major specs, like unixpsycho does for his compcache kernels?

To answer your question: always remove and then install. I'm using unixpsycho's F102 kernel. The major features with it are compcache and screen state governor. I still can't bring myself to install 'Govnah". I hate that nod to ghettospeak name.
    F102 or F102A, I think they want evryone on F102A now but you might want to check this out.
    This, then, begs the question of what's the best way to remove the old school 800 mhz patch/kernel/whatever.
    Use the uninstall instructions that for it.
    Or contact the maintainer of that overclocking method.
    Then doctor.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Use the uninstall instructions that for it.
    Or contact the maintainer of that overclocking method.
    Then doctor.
    Cant find original instructions: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...install-b.html
    Cant find original instructions:
    See this thread, http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/246799-need-uninstall-instructions-800mhz-overclock-patch.html
  10.    #10  
    Hmmm, I'm not doctoring and I don't see enough info regarding that terminal command. Nevermind.

Too much effort to keep up with this stuff.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    type this through the command line (locally or through wosqi)

sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall

that is provided you installed it into that directory.
    Hmmm, I'm not doctoring and I don't see enough info regarding that terminal command. Nevermind.

Too much effort to keep up with this stuff.
    Have you considered what you are going to do when the next update comes?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Then what are you going to do when the next update comes?
    I installed 1.4 right over it. No issues. I assume 1.4.5 will go just as smoothly. If not, I'll deal with it then.