1.    #1  
    So, from today all O2 UK new contracts and renewals will get capped at 500MB data when they had been previously unlimited. That sounds very low to me and I would have thought that a few app downloads and the odd firmware upgrade would soon hit that limit although I would be using WiFi for some of that. Add in a few dozen emails a day, a bit of web surfing, google maps and some podcasts and I'm sure I would be up to a couple of GB at least.

That got me wondering how much data I actually use at the moment and I was annoyed to find that O2 don't let you see that when you are on an unlimited tarrif. The next place I went to look was on the phone, there must be an app that can tell me how much data I am using each day/week/month etc but try as I might I can't find one.

Even searching these forums failed to turn up anything that wasn't specific to a US carrier.

Any ideas anyone?
    www.daemon.de - PalmPreNetstat
    It works for us in the uk also.
    I hit over 1gb of data in under a week when I was measuring my data, so I'm hoping the pre 2 comes out before I have to renew my contract.
    is it megabits or megaBYTES?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    www.daemon.de - PalmPreNetstat
    It works for us in the uk also.
    I hit over 1gb of data in under a week when I was measuring my data, so I'm hoping the pre 2 comes out before I have to renew my contract.
    No wonder I didn't find it with a name like that! I was searching for 'data' and 'monitor'. I would expect netstat to be a port of the unix/windows command of the same name but which does a rather different job.
  5.    #5  
    The O2 cap is Bytes and I think that is what netstat displays too. I've only just installed it and gone into email and deleted a couple of messages. I'm already at 3.65MB so it looks like it will be a few gig by the end of a month, ouch!