Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1.    #1  
    I called Sprint yesterday to get some info about my battery. It seems to be dyeing, and I just wanted some specs about it, to look for a new one, perhaps a higher capacity one.

    The gal I spoke to was fairly clueless, but eventually gave me what I needed, ok , day goes on.

    So, last night about 10pm I get a call from Sprint, saying they were just following up on my call from earlier, and were all my issues resolved. I said, I guess so, but the person I spoke to was not really well trained to field questions. Of course the usual "sorry for your inconvenience" script was read to me, then followed by, "Is there anything else I can do for you"

    so, ME, in my ever hopeful, somewhat humorous way, said, sure, you can send me a new battery...

    HERE is where the head shaking stupid comes in...

    She says, well I cant do that, but I can send you a NEW PHONE with a new battery, would you like that??

    Im like ***??? Are you kidding me? The PHONE is FINE, I JUST need a battery?

    At that point she was too baffled to answer and said she could only send a phone not a battery.

    Just thought that was just the silliest digression of a request for a battery..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!


    I Pre

  2. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #2  
    Uh, did you happen to get her extension number?!?
  3. #3  
    lol that's funny !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4. #4  
    Whats wrong with you!
    i'll take the free new phone!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Whats wrong with you!
    i'll take the free new phone!


    I did not see where it was stated that the new phone was FREE.
  6.    #6  
    Ya the phone would have been free. But why would I want a new phone? I LOVE my Pre just the way it is, I have it set up just the way I LOVE it, its patched to the hilt, its OC'd, its full of homebrews, and it has no issues, but the battery. I dont want to have to take the chance of a worse re furb, or even a brand new one, that I have to start from scratch..

    Just soo bizarre sometimes, Sprint. They have really done me very well over the years, and when I DO ask for something, I usually get it. But this just went beyond logic.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!


    I Pre

  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    I did not see where it was stated that the new phone was FREE.
    She says, well I cant do that, but I can send you a NEW PHONE with a new battery, would you like that??
    She didnt say, i can send you a new phone with a new battery and its going to cost blah blah blah. Assuming he doesnt have a launch day Pre, it should be Free. Im going to make up an excuse to get a newer Pre phone before december if Palm doesnt come out with a new phone before that.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Ya the phone would have been free. But why would I want a new phone? I LOVE my Pre just the way it is, I have it set up just the way I LOVE it, its patched to the hilt, its OC'd, its full of homebrews, and it has no issues, but the battery. I dont want to have to take the chance of a worse re furb, or even a brand new one, that I have to start from scratch..

    Just soo bizarre sometimes, Sprint. They have really done me very well over the years, and when I DO ask for something, I usually get it. But this just went beyond logic.
    WHAT!
    You dont really have to do much. Back up your usb drive. Use Pre backup utility to backup your text messages, Palm database and pretty everything else. Use save/restore to save application data (Pre backup utility does that too, but save/restore seems more reliable), use Preware to backup all your patches so you can restore them when you get the new phone ( pretty much, you copy and paste your whole usb drive on your desktop or another folder right after you are done with these steps, not before). Its so easy. I would have taken the new phone, but i'll demand for a new phone, not a refub. Just my train of thought.
  9. i_maq's Avatar
    Posts
    383 Posts
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    #9  
    Asked for a battery, offered a whole new phone, some would say that's great customer service!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Asked for a battery, offered a whole new phone, some would say that's great customer service!
    QFT

    I'd have to agree with this sentiment. And here you are, dissing Sprint for trying to go above and beyond your needs. Shame, shame shame.
  11.    #11  
    No NO NO. I am not dissing them at ALL! I even said they have done me right, for many years.

    I just found it somewhat illogical

    I guess I just dont want to take the chance of gettting a new phone, and it not being as good as the one I have. There is really NOTHING wrong with it..
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!


    I Pre

  12. i_maq's Avatar
    Posts
    383 Posts
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    #12  
    I wish someone would offer to send me a free new phone

  13. #13  
    The beauty of a phone with a user replacable battery, of course, is that you could have taken the new phone and just swapped the battery.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    I wish someone would offer to send me a free new phone

    Would you like a free new phone?
  15. #15  
    I can kinda understand where he's coming from..

    I was due for an upgrade, but of course I LOVE my Pre, so I didn't know what to do. I didn't wanna lose my upgrade eligibility, and the upgrade credit doesn't exactly accumulate....Soooo I talked them into giving me a new Pre for $50. But ya know what? It's sitting in my closet for like 3 weeks now...because my current Pre is exactly how I want it. I know it's easy enough to back up, but my fear is that I'll go through all of that, only to discover *cracks* or an *oreo effect* or some other flaw. I'd rather not try to fix what ain't broke!

    So yeah..I get it...though I would have taken the phone and then just sold it on ebay!

    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
  16. Mutz's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    No NO NO. I am not dissing them at ALL! I even said they have done me right, for many years.

    I just found it somewhat illogical

    I guess I just dont want to take the chance of gettting a new phone, and it not being as good as the one I have. There is really NOTHING wrong with it..
    I can totally understand where you're coming from. I know that if I were in your same situation and took them up on their offer of a new phone, I'd end up with a POS that had tons of issues from day-one (read: hellish nightmare). So, I too would be very hesitant to swap my perfectly good phone for another one, brand new or not.
  17. brandonp1's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #17  
    I went thhrough the same situation a couple of years back. All I needed was a battery because the one I had at the time was losinng it's charge in lett than an hour. After multiple trips to the Sprint store for "testing", they found nothing wrong with it. Called Sprint to bi**h about my experiences, and asked for a new battery. At this point, the lady on the phone said she couldn't send me a battery, but could send me a new phone, and I would have to send back my old phone. I told her there's nothing wrong with my phone, and could I just swap batteries and send back the new phone with the old battery. She said no, and that my contract would be renewed with this replacement phone. Needless to say, I was perplexed with this. In the end though, I got my battery from a really cool Sprint store manager on my next (3rd) trip for testing the phone. After talking to him for minute and expressing my frustrations, he went to the back and handed me a battery, and said "there you go, that should fix you up, but let me know if it doesn't, and I'll get you another one". This was all no charge. Sometimes you just have to find the right person to ask for a little help, and you'll usually get it.
  18. #18  
    Some peoples kids....
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I just found it somewhat illogical
    Try finding just the round plug in thing that plugs into the wall. By itself, with no cables. You can't find it. I ended up getting an entire charger when they were at blow out prices a while back.

    I agree with your story. Sometimes it's just illogical. LOL
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I called Sprint yesterday to get some info about my battery. It seems to be dyeing, and I just wanted some specs about it, to look for a new one, perhaps a higher capacity one.

    The gal I spoke to was fairly clueless, but eventually gave me what I needed, ok , day goes on.

    So, last night about 10pm I get a call from Sprint, saying they were just following up on my call from earlier, and were all my issues resolved. I said, I guess so, but the person I spoke to was not really well trained to field questions. Of course the usual "sorry for your inconvenience" script was read to me, then followed by, "Is there anything else I can do for you"

    so, ME, in my ever hopeful, somewhat humorous way, said, sure, you can send me a new battery...

    HERE is where the head shaking stupid comes in...

    She says, well I cant do that, but I can send you a NEW PHONE with a new battery, would you like that??

    Im like ***??? Are you kidding me? The PHONE is FINE, I JUST need a battery?

    At that point she was too baffled to answer and said she could only send a phone not a battery.

    Just thought that was just the silliest digression of a request for a battery..
    I just wanted to make sure that you was able to get a new battery. Or are you still in need of one?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions