Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    OK, I have a Plantronics Pro Bluetooth headset that worked great with my Blackberry Pearl. It's the only Bluetooth device that has ever worked for me, on any phone. Now, of course it doesn't work well with my Verizon Palm Pre Plus. I was wondering if anyone is using the included Palm headset as a hands free device. Is it any good? I'm going to test it, but I'm getting close to the time when I can take back my phone if I have to, so I could use a few opinions on this. I have to have a handsfree option.

I'm also wondering if it would be worth it to take my Pre back to Verizon for my Bluetooth issue. Is there anything they can do? Are Pres just bad at Bluetooth, or is it more likely that it's just an issue with my particular phone?

JD
    I've found sound quality with Bluetooth and my Pre isn't great, but I still use it. But the headset that comes with the phone is by far the best quality. Yes you should use it.

They are reworking the bluetooth stack and will release the improvements in the fall. Till then, use the headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by SceneThat View Post
    OK, I have a Plantronics Pro Bluetooth headset that worked great with my Blackberry Pearl. It's the only Bluetooth device that has ever worked for me, on any phone. Now, of course it doesn't work well with my Verizon Palm Pre Plus. I was wondering if anyone is using the included Palm headset as a hands free device. Is it any good? I'm going to test it, but I'm getting close to the time when I can take back my phone if I have to, so I could use a few opinions on this. I have to have a handsfree option.

I'm also wondering if it would be worth it to take my Pre back to Verizon for my Bluetooth issue. Is there anything they can do? Are Pres just bad at Bluetooth, or is it more likely that it's just an issue with my particular phone?

JD
    the one palm provides with the pre is great. i broke mine im looking where i can get one
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Thanks for your responses. This place is the greatest. I actually just got off the phone (Pre) with a friend. Used the Palm headset with good results. So good in fact that I ordered 3 more pair from Amazon. (I've bought so much Pre stuff that I will probably have to have a garage sale if I ever get rid of this little phone). Went to the Palm site and they were selling them for $25. But Amazon has them, direct from Amazon, not a third party seller, for $6.12. Some third party sellers are selling them for even less. I'm getting mine directly from Amazon because I have Amazon Prime with free 2 day shipping. Jordan, you might want to look into that.

Thanks again for your help,
    JD
    What headset is included with the Pre? Mine came with some headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    What headset is included with the Pre? Mine came with some headphones.

If you look where the headphone split, there is a button to answer calls and what not, and a mic built in to that area as well. Works great!
    Ihave same blue tooth stereo headset and it works great with my pre as far as sound quality goes. Outside it is a bit choppy,,cuts in and out when not close to my head,but inside I can go in a few different rooms w/o taking the phone and it works great.
    #%$$^%^ are you serious??!?!?! I had my phone for over a year and never knew this existed!!! Wow this will make all the differnence now at the gym and at work. Thanks precentral!!
    I use the included wired headset for hands free calling & listening to drPodder all the time... works great. (The call answer/hangup button will even work to pause & restart podcasts).

One of these days I am going to splurge on an A2DP bluetooth to free myself from the wires, but for the time being can't argue with the functionality of the basic earbuds provided with the Pre.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    #%$$^%^ are you serious??!?!?! I had my phone for over a year and never knew this existed!!! Wow this will make all the differnence now at the gym and at work. Thanks precentral!!
    same here discovered that by mistake i did not know it had a mic most the time they are bigger so i just thought it was a headset hands free headset works well for music and so on but i like the Jawbone Prime II headset works well...
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I use the included wired headset for hands free calling & listening to drPodder all the time... works great. (The call answer/hangup button will even work to pause & restart podcasts).
    That's what I use it for when I am working around the house/yard. Didn't know it would pause podcasts until a few weeks ago when I was playing with the button while working in the backyard.
    son of a gun....had no idea.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I'm cracking up over here. I'm new to the whole Pre thing. A few days ago I was feeling guilty because so many people here had helped me with Pre stuff and I just knew it was going to take forever before I would be able to return the favor. But surprise! My ignorance ends up leading to (semi) useful information.

I'm just stumbling and bumbling around till something good comes of it,
    JD