View Poll Results: Which Hand for your Phone?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phone in Right Hand, Am a Right-Handed Person

    47 32.87%
  • Phone in Right Hand, Am a Left-Handed Person

    9 6.29%
  • Phone in Left Hand, Am a Left-Handed Person

    13 9.09%
  • Phone in Left Hand, Am a Right-Handed person

    45 31.47%
  • Ambidextrous

    29 20.28%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1.    #1  
    I was pondering button placement in apps and thought I would make a poll to see about it. So, vote and if you want, you can post where you like buttons to be when you're using an app.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  2. #2  
    The phone is almost always in my right hand, or both hands... I very rarely hold it in just my left hand for any reason.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  3. #3  
    Typically I start with it in my left hand out of habit from the military (ya know, free right hand, hold stuff in the left hand), but I typically will use both equally during calls. Off calls, I hold in left and tap with right.
  4. #4  
    I prefer to hold in my left hand as I am left handed and keep the phone in my front left pocket, but I will change hands if needs dictate. I would prefer that the mic be in the center as I sometimes have problems with people hearing me when I hold the phone on my left side.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Version_3 View Post
    Typically I start with it in my left hand out of habit from the military (ya know, free right hand, hold stuff in the left hand), but I typically will use both equally during calls. Off calls, I hold in left and tap with right.
    Yeah, I'm right handed and I hold it in my left hand as well, I guess as holdover from navigating the phone in my left hand and writing notes, web scrolling, cooking, and the like with my right hand.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  6. #6  
    There was no Phone in Right Hand, Am a Almost Deaf In My Left Ear option. Actually though, I usually use a BT, and still hold it in my right hand.
  7. #7  
    Hold it with my right hand and touch it with my left hand.
  8. #8  
    My phone levitates by itself, so I never have to hold it. It also opens up worm hole and I go back 3 seconds in time to answer the phone before it rings, and send a reply text before the original is sent to me.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wxman2003 View Post
    My phone levitates by itself, so I never have to hold it. It also opens up worm hole and I go back 3 seconds in time to answer the phone before it rings, and send a reply text before the original is sent to me.
    That's cool and all, but....does it come in neon blue?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  10. #10  
    Right handed, tend to hold the phone in my left hand (and to left ear) so my right is free to take notes or scroll through apps and the like.
  11. #11  
    I am right-handed and i either hold it in my right hand or in both hand (texting/typing)
  12. #12  


    I think we've finally run out of questions to ask.

    Quote Originally Posted by malpha
    What Hand Do You Hold Your Phone In?
  13. #13  
    either or, depends on what the other is doing.
    my phone taught me to multitask
  14. #14  
    I was thinking of how I use my Pre as a phone, that is, what hand do I hold it to my ear with. So, I answered right-handed, hold with my right hand.

    However, after reading the question, I'd answer: I hold in my left hand and tap/swipe with my right index finger.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post


    I think we've finally run out of questions to ask.
    Not really, genius. I said I asked due to button placement issues in a few apps and was wondering about which hand people used for one-handed access to get a feel for where buttonshould be placed, since I am also considering an app. I'm a bottom left kind of person, but others may want more frequent items on the rigt, top, or elsewhere.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  16. #16  
    Hold in right hand (am right hande) so that I can shift gears and adjust GPS while driving. It seems that I would want my RH free to do those things, but I hold my sandwich in my left.


    I do drive with my left knee.



    ETA: Seriously = Right hand mostly. Though, I do use left (maybe 30%)
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Hold in right hand (am right hande) so that I can shift gears and adjust GPS while driving. It seems that I would want my RH free to do those things, but I hold my sandwich in my left.


    I do drive with my left knee.
    lol lol
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post


    I think we've finally run out of questions to ask.
    Hey, at least it's not a thread about Ronald McDonald.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  19. Mutz's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    #19  
    Just feels more righter in my left hand even tho I'm right-handed. The only time I switch to my right hand is if I need my left index finger to pick my nose. Don't have a clue why I can't pick my nose with my right index finger....it's very strange.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Hey, at least it's not a thread about Ronald McDonald.
    Yeah, that was one disaster after another, lol lol.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions