View Poll Results: Which Hand for your Phone?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phone in Right Hand, Am a Right-Handed Person

47 32.87%
  • Phone in Right Hand, Am a Left-Handed Person

9 6.29%
  • Phone in Left Hand, Am a Left-Handed Person

13 9.09%
  • Phone in Left Hand, Am a Right-Handed person

45 31.47%
  • Ambidextrous

29 20.28%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Not really, genius. I said I asked due to button placement issues in a few apps and was wondering about which hand people used for one-handed access to get a feel for where buttonshould be placed, since I am also considering an app. I'm a bottom left kind of person, but others may want more frequent items on the rigt, top, or elsewhere.
    I'm a bottom left kind of person, too, so I vote for that placement. Come to think of it, bottom middle works well also--and maybe that would work best for everyone. I am right-handed and I hold my Pre in my left hand and usually also prefer to use the Pre one-handed and touch the screen w/my left thumb.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    phone in left, but I'm kinda both sides when it comes to hands - everything artistic (writing, painting in left hand) everything physical (baseball, bowling) right hand...

but, I can't hold a phone in my right hand - too weird...
    Robert @ Mobile Cash Quest
    Your shot @ $5,000 is just a FREE App Away!
    Mobile Cash Quest - Scavenger Hunt for Palm Phones where you race other Palm owners for real prizes!
    Left-handed here, and mainly hold in my left hand. For calling though I always have it in a holster on my left hip with a bluetooth piece on my right ear.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itsyvonne View Post
    I am right-handed and I hold my Pre in my left hand and usually also prefer to use the Pre one-handed and touch the screen w/my left thumb.
    +1, exactly
    I hold it in my left hand if it is in the portrait orientation, since I use my right hand to scroll and tap. I'm ambidextrous, but usually write with my right hand since I was forced to as a child (my parents didn't want a left-handed kid...).

In landscape orientation, I hold it with the fingers of both hands.

When typing, I hold it with both hands so I can type with both thumbs.

When I need to hold it in only one hand because the other hand is busy, it is usually in my right hand so my right thumb can scroll and tap the screen. But, this is hard as my hands aren't really big enough to do this well (I'm female).
  6.    #26  
    Maybe Steve Jobs should have ran a poll like this before he decided to leave all the lefthand iPhone holders out in the cold!

Apple responds to iPhone 4 reception issues: you're holding the phone the wrong way

Left-handers beware....
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Unlike something else that seems to respond better when its held in my right hand, my Pre + responds well when held in either hand.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    wow what is happening to all the 'left-handed' people in this world? lol.... or the ambidextrous people 2! We're being ruled over by 'right-handed' people! LOL...*doh*
    Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked to, but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected
    awwwwwwww ur parents didn't want a "left-handed" kid? that's so wrong..there's nothing wrong with being "left-handed"...I'm an ambidextrous person and I've never had any problems...well maybe only in school...all the stupid desks in college were made for right handed person so it was hard to write on my lap! but other than that....

Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    I hold it in my left hand if it is in the portrait orientation, since I use my right hand to scroll and tap. I'm ambidextrous, but usually write with my right hand since I was forced to as a child (my parents didn't want a left-handed kid...).

In landscape orientation, I hold it with the fingers of both hands.

When typing, I hold it with both hands so I can type with both thumbs.

When I need to hold it in only one hand because the other hand is busy, it is usually in my right hand so my right thumb can scroll and tap the screen. But, this is hard as my hands aren't really big enough to do this well (I'm female).
    Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked to, but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Right handed, tend to hold the phone in my left hand (and to left ear) so my right is free to take notes or scroll through apps and the like.
    That goes for me too.
    Never thought about it until reading this thread, so the last day or so I have been paying attention to what hand I use to hold my phone. I answer/call with my left hand and then I switch back and forth while talking. I have the "end calls with power button" patch so my Pre is my left hand usually when I hang up. I am right handed.
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 06/28/2010 at 09:13 AM. Reason: add
    Doesn't the Touchstone count as a hand?
    The beauty of the Pre is it's one handedness unlike some "other" gargantuan sized phones... *cough* EVO *cough* DroidX *cough*

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I hold and operate the phone in in my right hand and am right handed. My wife (who is also right handed) holds hers in her left hand and "pokes" at the phone with her right hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by gujifijian View Post
    awwwwwwww ur parents didn't want a "left-handed" kid? that's so wrong..there's nothing wrong with being "left-handed"...I'm an ambidextrous person and I've never had any problems...well maybe only in school...all the stupid desks in college were made for right handed person so it was hard to write on my lap! but other than that....
    Yeah, crazy huh? I think they thought it would be a harder life for a left-hander since most things are made for right-handers.
    I didnt see this thread... funny cause i made a similiar type comment on another thread saying i am right handed but hold with the left.

I think my reason is still mostly true but thinking further...

i keep my phone clipped or pocketed always on the left side so when I grab the phone it's always left. (I reserve right pocket for keys)... so that's also why I mostly use left.

I think if people think about what wide pocket they put their phone usually, you may see that's why you use the hand that you do more often?
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I was thinking of how I use my Pre as a phone, that is, what hand do I hold it to my ear with. So, I answered right-handed, hold with my right hand.

However, after reading the question, I'd answer: I hold in my left hand and tap/swipe with my right index finger.
    I'm left-handed. When I'm using it as a phone I usually hold it in the left hand. But if I'm playing games I usually hold it in the right hand to touch the screen with the left hand. If I'm typing, I usually hold it woth both hands and use both thumbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzlegal View Post
    I'm left-handed. When I'm using it as a phone I usually hold it in the left hand. But if I'm playing games I usually hold it in the right hand to touch the screen with the left hand. If I'm typing, I usually hold it woth both hands and use both thumbs.
    Same for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I think if people think about what wide pocket they put their phone usually, you may see that's why you use the hand that you do more often?
    When I have my phone in my pocket, it is in my right pocket. I hold the phone with my left hand.
    I'm a lefty, so I hold it in my right hand and tap away with the left. And if I'm on a call I consciously hold it in my right hand up to the right side of my face, since the little hole for the speaker is on the left side of the phone so it's closer to my mouth and not muffled against my cheek.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast